cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pods

peavyjay
I've been here awhile

Hello. I have a tv that freezes in my house. I used the rogers wifi app and ran a test. Any device in that corner of the house gets weak signal. I asked rogers for a pod and was told a $5 monthy charge. I recall getting an email awhile back where they said it would be free. Been with them 15 years..hard to believe they would rather loose me as a customer over $5. I pay for internet..I think the wifi should cover my house.

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Pods

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@peavyjay  Rogers started charging for the Ignite WiFi Pods about two years ago.  Before that, they provided Ignite TV customers with one free Pod, if required.

It doesn't matter how long you have been a Rogers customer or how long you have had Ignite TV.  I have been an Ignite TV customer almost since the beginning and could have gotten a Pod for free when they became available, but I opted to use my own Wi-Fi gear instead.  Now, if I want to switch to Pods to expand my Wi-Fi coverage, I will need to pay.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do you have any pods at all yet?

As G said, they once supplied up to X free.  Not 100% sure now.
I would call back and talk to another and see what they can do.

Mind you I am on 500mbps plan, a little older one.  Maybe that makes a difference.  I had a Gen1 pod fail (had 3).. but they dont have them anymore.   Originally were going to make me pay for the Gen2.  The person looked deeper and was able to provide 2 of the gen2 pods (which generally go a little further anyways).  I opted to then pay for a 3rd.

peavyjay
I've been here awhile
I tried 2 different reps with the same results. I just wanted one. No luck. They both said they don't have a code to waive the $5 a month plus tax rental fee.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation