cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my modem obsolete?

LilLulu
I've been here awhile

Hi, Newbie here with 0 tech knowledge.  I seem to have internet, but cannot get my wifi to connect.  Is my Hitron tower modem failing? I am assuming the modem is what connects the internet to the computer .
It's old, I am old, LOL I am paying alot for internet and can't use it, I had to hang up the call to rogers tech as I couldn't tolerate it anymore, i felt like i was going in circles. Can anyone shed some light onto this issue.  They are telling me I need 500+ speed to access internet?

Thanks

**Labels Updated**

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Is my modem obsolete?

RogersMaude

Good day @LilLulu,

Thank you so much for posting about  your problem. We surely want to help you resolved your WiFi connectivity issues.

Did you recently lose the ability to connect to your WiFi network or was it never working?

A variety of factors can affect strength and speed, but thankfully you can fix most of these issues in a few simple steps so that you can get the most out of your favourite devices, old and new.

First, try unplugging your modem for 10 seconds, then plug it back in. Just remember that your home WiFi connections will be temporarily interrupted during this process. A restart triggers the modem to re-scan and optimize connectivity for your current WiFi environment.

Don't hesitate to check out some of our useful articles, such as Understanding WiFi > and Optimize your Home WiFi.

Please let us know if the issue persists or if you have any questions!

RogersMaude

Re: Is my modem obsolete?

LilLulu
I've been here awhile

Thank you for replying.  I have the old Hitron tower it was working up until a few days ago, i have internet , but my computer won't connect and I have no ethernet cable as i would have to purchase an adapter. I called they also told me to unplug it and press the button on the front, and then said I had to upgrade everything because I can't connect under 500mb download and I got upset and asked to transfer but hung up during the transfer as i had already waited a long time and was too upset to continue, sorry.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation