cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos One SL on Rogers Ignite modem

RodNolan
I've been around
I have two Sonos SL One speakers that used to work well when I bought them. The wifi router I was using at the time was an Apple Time Capsule. The default setup on the router I’m using with Rogers Ignite doesn’t work… the sonos speakers won’t connect to the 5GHz band. I called Sonos tech support and they said the router needs to support 2.4 GHz, 802.11b and 802.11g and have 802.11ax explicitly disabled. The Rogers tech support guy helped me to enable 2.4GHz (not enabled by default) and told me there’s no way to explicitly disable ax. I dug out my old Time Capsule and got things configured to working again but only while the speakers are wired into the ethernet ports. So the speakers appear to be in working order.

Ideally, I want the speakers to work wirelessly on the Rogers Ignite router.

Is there anyone out there who has a Sonos SL One working wirelessly on a Rogers Ignite router?
1 REPLY 1

Re: Sonos One SL on Rogers Ignite modem

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm assuming you have an XB6, 7 or 8 gateway.  It's not simply having 2.4 GHz operational. Here's a great post on the topic:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Rogers-Ignite-and-Smart-Device/m-p/522111

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation