cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet caps suspended due to COVID19

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I don't have Rogers Internet, but this looks good for those who do and have data caps.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6673413/coronavirus-rogers-data-overage-fees/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_sou...

***Added Labels***

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
33 REPLIES 33

Re: Internet caps suspended due to COVID19

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

LOL...most of their plans are unlimited anyway. Just makes them look good in light of bad situation.

farside
I've been here awhile

What about Mobile Internet users for us rural folks?    My internet is LTE  based and this seems to refer to their wired solutions.  

I too, would like to know about this.  Im on an 'infinite' 50gb capped plan that we use for home internet due to our rural location. 

mspencer1
I've been here awhile

I have to use the Rogers Rocket hub! The only solution for our rural location! We have a cap of 100GB and we usually go over without watching a single movie!!!  Pretty hefty price of $180/month!  I hear Doug Ford is giving high speed internet to the North. Thanks for nothing!!!

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

Internet Caps during Covid 19 Outbreak? I just received an email from Bell saying they were waiving all home internet overage charges until Apr. 30th.
I haven’t heard or seen anything from Rogers yet.

I’m waiting....

mspencer1
I've been here awhile
Smoke and Mirrors! I have a Rocket hub for home internet and have a limited of 100gb. My cap is not waved. False advertising!

Hello Community!

Welcome to our newest members, @farside, @jjasonn28 & @mspencer1

We completely understand all of your concerns regarding the COVID19 Pandemic. To stay up-to-date on what Rogers is doing for its Connected Home, Wireless and Business customers in response to the Pandemic please click here: https://about.rogers.com/covid-19/.

Please do what you can to stay safe and healthy during these difficult times.

RogersTony

MarcRe
I've been here awhile
Does not include rocket hub accounts so people in rural areas that have no other options for Internet are out of luck ....I'll probably end up with a $500 internet bill with board kids and trying to work from home

farside
I've been here awhile

You  say you completely understand all of your concerns but then point us to a page that does nothing to address them. 

Please remove the limits for wireless internet users too.   We have some of the tightest limits and greatest costs for exceeding them.

Data usage not showing in my account

I  have a 10 GB plan and when I check my account it shows as 0 used and 0n available.

I had an on line chat and was told by the agent Natasha that it was as a result of Covid 19 and the fact that Rogers has waived the data cap until April 30

If anyone has different information I would like to be sure

Thank you

allaura1101
I've been here awhile

I have a Rogers Rocket hub on their Flex Plan. Even in a good month with only 2 at home my bill is at least $125, that is with no downloading or streaming, just browsing and email. I contacted Rogers today to ask what they were doing for their rural customers during the current crisis and was told that they had no plans at this point. Bell is giving their hub users an extra 10GB and a $10 credit, not much but at least something. I am on the ever increasing rate, dread to think what my bill will be with a family of 5 (kids are all home now) all in isolation here and working and studying from home! Come on Rogers, treat your rural hub users the same as your home internet users!!

MarcRe
I've been here awhile
With my rocket hub with 2 kids home I'm at $350 and the month isn't over and at $10 GB it will go up fast ... at least someone is making money from all this

allaura1101
I've been here awhile

You have to complain to Rogers, I did an official complaint today, this is the only way they will listen. During this crisis Rogers should be helping their rural customers even more. My husband is a small business owner, my 2 older kids work and my youngest in still in full time education. We will all be relying on our Rogers hub in the coming months, God knows what our bills will be!!!! Rogers has to cut us a break and stop charging such outrageous fees. Please just afford us the same respect as your home internet users and cap our rates!!

mynrkt
I've been around
I have the same question

Hyprtion888
I've been around

I am another person using Rocket Hub due to no other options existing - Bill is often $160, and some months way more. Now that kids are at home and I need to work from home, the overages will be insane - probably >$400

Will Rogers be lifting caps on the Rocket Hub plan

Lyndonholmberg
I've been around
Almost at my reduced speed any chance that can be waved

allaura1101
I've been here awhile

Used 105GB in under 2 weeks, no downloading or streaming just the family working and studying from home. Thankfully Xplornet is finally available for us, $99.99 unlimited ($39.99 for the first 3 months). Bye bye Rogers!!

luvstoride
I've been here awhile

My bill just for Rocket hub for March was $470 + Tax = $531.....thanks Rogers....really helping us rural folks

joemark
I plan to stick around

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one in this situation.  I've got the 100gb plan that goes over around Christmas with everyone visiting but we hit our cap half way though the billing cycle this month.  Got the bill today, $367 in overage charges for 69.5gb.  Two people working from home plus two kids doing school from home.  The line Rogers gave me was the the caps were waived because the hub is mobile.  I assure you, it' hasn't left the shelf since the day we got it.  It is the only option we have out here.  I even asked if I could get a second 100gb plan but they said no since it's not offered any more, but I could go on the 55gb plan for more money.  Not impressed.

I would urge everyone to submit a concern to Rogers about this.  Rural customers are now at a further disadvantage compared to the rest of the population with affordable internet.  Here is the link to report a concern: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

dunfic
I've been around

So I just received my Rogers Hub Bill for the period of March 14 - April 13 and the total was........$1073.46

. ...they offered me a $30 credit for the month and that's it! There's my wife and I plus our 3 kids at home running 5 offices basically with the kids in Google Classroom everyday. We need more available options to Rocket Hub Customers. They are classifying us as Wireless Internet not Home Internet. This needs to change ASAP...this will financially ruin us going forward.

Please include us in the "Rogers is waiving Home Internet overage charges until May 31, 2020."

Please Help Rogers!!! 

Topic Stats