Inconsistent speeds - Ignite 500

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Inconsistent speeds - Ignite 500

I have the ignite 500 package. Bizarrely... Rogers speed test reports speeds of 10 to 25 Mbps while speedtest.net is reporting speeds between 125 and 700+ Mbps. Any thoughts?

***EDITED LABELS***

Re: Inconsistent speeds - Ignite 500

Greetings and welcome to our Community @KT67!

Have you tried downloading anything to see if you're getting close to your 500mbps throughput in a real-world scenario? Speed tests don't always give us the whole picture.

Are you having any other issues such as dropped frames while gaming or troubles streaming? Are you losing connection intermittently? Or are you just concerned by what your speed test results are saying? 

Please let us know.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

I haven't downloaded any large files, but I can barely watch Netflix, IPTV won't stream at all without constant buffering. The modem has been replaced, filters have been added to the line, all the copper between the modem and the pole has been checked and verified as good. The the technician even went so far as to climb the pole with my modem to verify that the problem was not between the pole and my entertainment centre, you got the same results at the top of the pole. The issue has been passed on to "maintenance", whatever that means. I posted on here as a last-ditch hope to find somebody that would say "Oh I had that problem all you have to do is......"

I'm terrified that I'm going to have to switch back to Bell.

Our maintenance teams tend to handle bigger repair jobs that are too big to be handled by a single field tech.

If that's the next step that has been communicated to you, you're well on your way to a solution.

Regards,

RogersCorey