cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitron 4582 - exit bridge mode without factory reset?

able_charly
I plan to stick around

Hello,

I'm looking at trying out bridge mode on my Hitron 4582, and of course want to be sure I can get back to my regular set up.  I know how to get into bridge mode.  And I've read that to get out of it just press and hold the reset button, which will do a full factory reset.

But is this the only way?  Since I'm playing with setting up some other devices, I expect to need to be in and out of bridge mode several, maybe many, times - probably over several days as I can't lock up the whole home's internet too long while I fiddle - and each time I'm going to have to re-input all my set-up configurations and usernames & passwords?

Sure would b great if someone knew how to avoid this.

Thank you.

*** Edited Labels ***

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Hitron 4582 - exit bridge mode without factory reset?

XCPC
I plan to stick around

Sorry i sometimes forget the context, i was not trying to ssh into the modem (yes would be  a waste trying to access the devices as they will lock down their devices as much as possible to prevent questions from time wasting people like me 🙂 and to ensure security by obscurity)

I was sshing into another device on the lan then port forwarding to the modem for remote access to 192.168.100.1 (via a backup internet connection)

Question: if the modem doesn't receive a ip address from the modem via dhcp (ie: connection is down) is there still a way to access 192.168.100.1. Tried manually setting the port to 192.168.100.2 but 192.168.100.1 still doesn't respond.

Thoughts?

Topic Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation