cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP?: Sudden network interruptions/packet loss.

DevYangoz
I've been here awhile

2 days ago, our wifi network was completely fine. Fast forward to the next morning, and suddenly we are experiencing constant packet loss and ping spikes. This was very noticeable when streaming or playing online games. A technician came in today, ran some tests, and replaced the cable and modem. At first, the network was seemingly working better, but only a few minutes later, the same issues began again. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence, but the night that this happened was the coldest night we've had in the area for a while, but everyone says that there are no external issues showing up in any of their tests, so I'm not sure. Then again, they also say that the network seems completely fine when it obviously isn't, so who's to say. We've been having similar issues over the course of about 5 years now, but every time, replacing the hardware (sometimes several times over) was what ended up fixing it, but it always starts up and declines rapidly every few months. Still don't understand why.

The spikes vary in severity ranging from a brief hiccup to several seconds of complete loss and happen every 40-90 seconds. This happens over all devices all the time and has no discernable pattern. We've also noticed that a standard cmd ping test (ping 8.8.8.8 -t) doesn't always pick up the spikes as we experience them in real time. Any idea what we can do at this point? Replacing the hardware hasn't done much and having to call a technician just to run the same tests and say the same things over and over is frustrating and unproductive.

**Labels Updated**

1 REPLY 1

Re: HELP?: Sudden network interruptions/packet loss.

RogersZia

@DevYangoz, we may need to review the tech notes to recommend next steps. Please reach back out via PM.

Thank you,

RogersZia

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation