cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload speed dropping to 4mb/s and latency hitting 4000 consistenly

Mvp17
I've been around

Hi there, for the past year, I've been getting sporadic drops in speed and increases in latency. Usually, I will be getting 900 down and 150 up, with a good latency of only 20-50. However, ever since they did work in the neighborhood (putting down fiber?) Internet has been going haywire randomly at night usually. Every time I run a speed test, it freezes up my internet and while watching Pingplotter I can see the crazy increase of my ping jump to 2500+ on every hop to google.ca

My router is the CGM4331ROG, I am on wired setup. I have tested both wireless and wired, using my computer and my phone. Having ping plotter open and testing with my phone makes ping plotter go crazy as well. I have even tried disabling all devices from the network and testing and still the same issues arise. I have tried replacing connectors on the coax cables inside and outside and slightly tightening them; not too much, but nothing has worked.

Thanks for your time, I hope we can find the cause of this and have it solved soon!

0 REPLIES 0
Topic Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 in conversation