cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook pictures & video being blocked???

Radar2000
I plan to stick around

Hi there.

Since this past Sunday, I've noticed that my Facebook news-feed pictures and video are not showing up. I've confirmed this when using Facebook at home on my iPads, iPhones and PC's. I also confirmed this with my wife's Facebook account.

When using my iPhone, if I turn off the WiFi and use my LTE service, I can see the Facebook pictures and videos again.

The router that we are using is the Asus RT-AC87U running on the latest firmware. Both our Rogers CODA modem and router have been rebooted several times with no affect.

Is it possible that Rogers is blocking my Facebook pictures / video? Or could this be something that my router is blocking without me knowing?

All of our other apps/programs/social media sites are functioning as per usual. Only Facebook seems to be having these issues.

Any suggestions/recommendations on how to resolve this issue would be appreciated.

I've reported this issue to Facebook already and will be contacting Rogers tech-support shortly to see if they are aware of this issue.

Thank you.

***EDITED LABELS***

67 REPLIES 67

Re: Facebook pictures & video being blocked???

heckbob
I plan to stick around

This is all correct

I received some information and and was able to reproduce the problem.

I will run a few more tests and walk over to our Network Operation Centre to get this addressed as soon as possible.

marktcaar
I plan to stick around

@RogersDave ... that sounds promising.  We are all awaiting good news & the fix.

marktcaar
I plan to stick around

Hi @RogersDave ... I sent you a screenshot of facebook / developer window to your email address community.brt@rci.rogers.com.

Hope it helps.

@marktcaar

@marktcaar wrote:

@hi @RogersDave ... I sent you a screenshot of facebook / developer window to your email address community.brt@rci.rogers.com.

Hope it helps.

@marktcaar

It did. Thanks a lot. With that information I was able to pinpoint right away where the issue lies.

I provided all the relevant logs to our Network Operations team (and the solution) so it's in their hands now but I will follow-up.

Dave

marktcaar
I plan to stick around
Hi @RogersDave ... from your Lips to God's ears, as the saying goes.

Let us hope! I trust the Network Operations Team appreciates that this issue is already at day # 9 and all of us in Churchill Meadows have wasted an enormous amount of data during this time.

We need the fix in place ASAP.

Thanks

@marktcarr

Tflames
I've been here awhile

I have reset the modem and the router...no luck 😞

@marktcaar it sounds like a call to Customer Service is in order, looking for a credit on your account as you are unable to use your internet service is intended.  

heckbob
I plan to stick around
It's fixed! Thank you!

Thanks @heckbob for confirming.

Our network operations team implemented a fix yesterday afternoon but ran into some additional issues and had to finish the work overnight to minimize potential disruptions.

Dave

heckbob
I plan to stick around
RGA k you for being Online. So much more efficient than being on phone running through useless tests. When here, you can ask for specific information, allow the customer to respond in an unhurried, methodical manner. And the fix can be implemented while keeping the customer informed.

Tflames
I've been here awhile

Thank you!!!!

Radar2000
I plan to stick around
Confirming as well that when I checked using my iPad this morning at 7:30 AM that my Facebook pictures and video is once again showing up as per usual. I did not check my Instagram, but will confirm later tonight.

Cheers!

marktcaar
I plan to stick around

Thanks @RogersDave and network operations for a job well done.

I too can confirm that both Facebook & Instagram are now working well on all devices via WiFi & hard connection.

Radar2000
I plan to stick around
Confirming that I can now access Facebook and Instagram pictures and video via WiFi at home, using iOS devices and laptop.

Hoping that all of my Churchill Meadow peeps can now access this too.

Cheers!

MXMOM
I plan to stick around
I’m having this same problem now.

Hello @MXMOM,

Facebook is a great tool to keep in touch with family and friends so we definitely want to look into this issue for you to see what could be causing the problems you are facing with the pictures and videos.

It is very strange that this problem is popping up again as it was reported as resolved last year. We'll need some more information on what is happening so we can investigate it for you.

• Do you have any issues with any other Facebook services such as Instagram?
  • Can you also confirm if this is happening on all of your devices or just specific devices tested thus far?
  • Are you using the Facebook App or are you accessing it from a Web Browser? 

Are there any other users in the Community who are experiencing this issue again?

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

delportca
I've been around
I live DT Toronto, I am now having this issue on my Facebook app. On WiFi, pictures font show, on LTE, they show.

Hello, @delportca.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

I appreciate you posting your concern in the Community. Not able to see the pictures in the Facebook app while connected to the WiFi network can be inconvenient.

Is the issue happening on multiple devices? Have you noticed a similar problem on any other apps? Also, if you can check the Facebook on a Web browser and let us know if you can see the pictures when connected to your home Internet/WiFi?

Community - Any of the participants of this thread who experienced this issue earlier are noticing the same?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

sradia
I've been here awhile
This started happening with me on facebook and instagram last night (september 17th 2018)
Please advise. Tried restarting and factory reset of modem with no luck. Just got rogers internet 10 days ago.

Hello, @sradia.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

The rebooting of a modem can be helpful most of the times and doing the factory reset should have resolved the issue if it was modem related.

It's strange that it worked for nine days before the pictures/videos are not viewable on the Facebook or Instagram apps. Have you tried the Facebook or Instagram on a desktop web browser? Is the problem happening on all of your devices?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats