Emails Disappearing from Inbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Emails Disappearing from Inbox

H U G E  Tick-Off

Seems like there is a BIG problem with emails disappearing. They don't go to Trash or anywhere else....just gone! Anyone else ticked about this?

*** Edited Labels and Title *** 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Emails Disappearing from Inbox

@safetydan : Are you referring to e-mails in Webmail or in your e-mail client like Outlook on a computer for example?  I've recently encountered issues with some e-mails (from Cogeco customers) being delayed by hours or days, and/or going into my spam folder in Webmail.  If they go into spam in Webmail, you will not see them in your e-mail client.  I've never had an issue with e-mails disappearing into the ether.  You can see my thread a couple of threads down from yours...

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Delayed-e-mails-From-Cogeco-Customers/m-p/450222

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi safetydan,

Having same issue. E-mails just disappearing from inbox, appears to affect already opened emails.

Wife has had same issue and discovered that it is happening in the UK.

Seems like Yahoo is ignoring the whole thing.

Distressed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I did "share a concern" over the weekend and received a call this morning from the OOTP.  Apparently there was an issue with Rogers/Yahoo servers from October 22-27.  This has supposedly been fixed with some e-mails recovered.

I've Been Here Awhile

POOF! E-mails disappeared last night from my smart phones. The Outlook clients on my two (family) laptops and desktop were not affected. I played with the smart phone settings (one Android, the other IOS) until I couldn't troubleshoot any longer. That's when I opened the Rogers Yahoo web mail client. Abracadabra all of my inbox was located in the spam folder. I didn't toggle this setting so I guess Yahoo is configuring their system again. The last problem I had with Yahoo was continuous and repeated requirements to log in and accept new terms, After a few months Rogers admitted there was a problem and sent out an apology. To resolve "disappearing email" I simply selected all and marked it "not spam" to restore my inbox. I hope this helps.

Hello, @ssuter.

Welcome to Rogers Community Forums! 😃

The emails getting disappeared from the inbox can be shocking! It's strange that the Outlook client on the other three computers was not affected. 

The email apps on the smartphones by default use IMAP, are you using POP3 on the Outlook? The emails from the Outlook inbox would have disappeared as well if IMAP was in use. 

I appreciating your sharing the solution with the Community and thank you for your contribution. 

Cheers,
RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Here's another part of the puzzle for you, Roger. This am (and I noticed this event happened a few times in the past week) I sent e-mails from my Android device and the items are showing up in my sent items folder twice. This was repeated when tested and I am certainly not "double tapping" the send command. Odd.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm not sure the thread abut receiving doubles of every e-mail is relevant...every time an e-mail is sent by my Android device it shows in the sent items twice and is only received in the inbox once. The phones run on IMAP, PC and laptops on POP3. The PC and laptops don't have this problem

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ssuter, I'm not quite sure why you're not posting in the doubles thread since e-mails are not disappearing which is the topic of this thread.   Post 12 of the other thread onwards discussed exactly the fact that e-mails end up in the sent folder twice, which is what you're encountering if I'm reading you right.

If it's only happening on some device(s) , then it is very likely that it is some sort of setting on those device(s).  I suggest you re-review the last few recent posts of that doubles thread which I linked earlier and have a look at your settings in the affected device(s).  Something has changed recently at Yahoo as discussed in my post in that thread and that has affected others as also discussed in that thread.  Is there any reason you're not running IMAP on all your devices?

Post 14 of the other thread discusses a setting regarding "save copies of sent items" which, when deselected solved the problem.  

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/How-do-I-fix-it-so-that-I-don-t-get-doubles-of-every-...