Ignite 500u Internet Speed Degraded on Wired Connection

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Ignite 500u Internet Speed Degraded on Wired Connection

Recently upgraded to u500 and my speed slowly over the coarse of few days degrades to 200 from 500.

Running wired lan. 

Latest hitron firmware.

Downstreem light on modem is Light Blue(used to be dark blue) instead of dark blue.

IMG_20190726_093911.jpg

Computer looking icon is flashing.

Here are my noise levels. Btw are they good or high?

SNR.jpg

signallvls.jpg

*** Edited Title and Labels ***

Re: Ignite 500u Internet Speed Degraded on Wired Connection

Hello, @Doxy

I can imagine how frustrating it was to upgrade to a higher speed Internet package only to get a fraction of the speeds you're supposed to get.

Thanks for posting your signal levels, everything appears to be within the optimal range. Do you notice a large variance in speed between the WiFi and the Wired Ethernet connection you are using? If you have not already, please do a speed test via WiFi using an Android or iOS smartphone/tablet. The Speedtest App by Ookla is the recommended speed measuring App.  Please ensure you are in the same room as the modem within line of sight for the most accurate results.

While running these speed tests please ensure all other devices are disconnected from the modem. Save the results of the test and then run another speed test this time testing both your wired device as well as the smartphone/tablet simultaneously.

Let us know what the results of these tests look like. Feel free to post the results in the Community but be sure to redact your IP address or the image will be rejected.

RogersTony

I'm Here A Lot

I don't have any wifi devices capable of pulling more then 100mbit/sec.
I Plan to Stick Around

same thing happend to me when i upgraded and after a few phone calls and a tech visit it was discoverd that i hadnt been provisned for the new upgrade..simple call in to tech support flip of a switch after i confirmed that i hadnt been provisned for the new upgrade and all has been good ever since :-)

I've Been Here Awhile

Yea some time with the ignite tv accounts have to be refreshed due to not updating to new speeds/packages/channels. It not often but it happens. But can be fix with tech support.

Hey @Doxy!

No worries at all. Are you able to complete a speed test with two Gigabit capable wired devices at the same time? Alternatively, one Gigabit capable wired device and one wireless device on 5G. Running the speed test on two devices at the same time will give us an idea of what's coming through the network for you.

@RogersAndy