cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct modem for Ignite Gigabit service

mau108
I've been here awhile

Hey guys,

I signed up for gigabit ignite service however was given a Coda-4582u modem.  Is this the correct modem?  My Netgear Orbi supports link aggregation however I believe the Coda-4582U does not support it.  Should I request a modem swap for the latest ? I believe this is xb7.

*** Edited Labels ***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Correct modem for Ignite Gigabit service

stepy2015
I plan to stick around

I don't think the XB7 supports link aggregation but I can say for sure it is a better modem and it's all around higher quality than the Hitron's, with the hitron modem's I often encountered WebGUI crashes when in bridge mode and far more packet loss both in and out of bridge mode. I would highly recommend the XB7 if possible 

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Do you just have internet or TV too? If just internet they may be giving out 4582's. For TV you have to have a XB6 or XB7.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mau108 wrote:

Hey guys,

I signed up for gigabit ignite service however was given a Coda-4582u modem.  Is this the correct modem?  My Netgear Orbi supports link aggregation however I believe the Coda-4582U does not support it.  Should I request a modem swap for the latest ? I believe this is xb7.

Did you sign up for a Residential or Business Internet service?  Residential Ignite Internet customers should get either an XB6 or XB7 gateway, subject to availability, unless you are in an area that cannot get Ignite-branded services.  Business Internet customers will get a Hitron CODA gateway.

As far as I know, none of Rogers' modems/gateways support link aggregation.

mau108
I've been here awhile

It is a business plan but in a residential location (house).  I guess thats why I was given the Coda.  Going to try to get it swapped for XB7 even if I won't be able to do link aggregation.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mau108 wrote:

It is a business plan but in a residential location (house).  I guess thats why I was given the Coda.  Going to try to get it swapped for XB7 even if I won't be able to do link aggregation.

I know that other Business Internet customers have tried and have not been able to get an Ignite gateway.  Rogers' systems simply won't allow it.

If you are looking for a second opinion, folks like @Datalink  will say stick with the Hitron CODA, especially if you plan to enable Bridge Mode and use your own router/Wi-Fi mesh system.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation