cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Download Pics or Videos on WiFi

sann28
I've been here awhile

Just switched over to Rogers internet at home yesterday and now I cannot download any pictures or videos through wifi on WhatsApp

*Edited Title & Labels*

135 REPLIES 135

Re: Can't Download Pics or Videos on WiFi

ddff11111
I plan to stick around
We are experiencing exact same issue.

ddff11111
I plan to stick around
Anyone know of a quick resolution?

I'VE BEEN HERE AWHILE
Hello. This is has re-occurred. 2 of our Android phones are experiencing this issue in whatsapp. Where as the 2 iPhone's are not. Only way we get it to work is toggle Wi-Fi off and on. We have re-booted the modem and phone a couple of times earlier today. We did have an outage earlier this week not sure it has anything to do with that. The solution back in March was not posted other than issue was fixed by Rogers. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

does it download over LTE? or same issue

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it's not due to Parental Controls or Protected Browsing, others have also found that this can be caused by broken IPv6 connectivity, in this thread and other threads: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Windows-10-Instagram-Issue-with-Rogers-Internet/m-p/3...

You can test your IPv4/IPv6 dual stack connectivity with the following test sites:

https://test-ipv6.com

https://en.internet.nl/test-connection/

https://ipv6-test.com

If your IPv6 connectivity is broken, you can try rebooting the Ignite XB6 gateway to see if that will fix the problem.

If it's a firewall-related block, you should be confirm this by logging into the XB6 with a web browser, going to "Troubleshooting > Logs" and viewing the Firewall Logs

Are there any sites that you can't reach or any links that I can test that don't require a login?  I'm not an Instagram or WhatsApp user but I have not been experiencing any connectivity issues with my "bridge mode" setup.

I'm having the same issue
I rebooted my modem and no luck.
I restart the wifi on my phone and it will download the image but have the same issue again 5 minutes later. Its happening to multiple phones in my house

zubs
I've been around
Hi I am facing this issue for a few days now. I am a new rogers internet customer and unable to download video/pics on watsapp while connected to WIFI. I have no issues while on mobile data network. Please assist?

Toaster
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee
I opened a ticket with consumer support for my own phones and I suggest that you all at least call in or reach over FB Rogers help to open your ticket individually to speed up the resolution.

ddff11111
I plan to stick around

Just FYI - I had this issue Sat and most of Sunday. Suddenly late last night, the problem fixed itself. No issues on WIFI on my android phones today.

We did not reboot our Ignite Router. It seems Rogers fixed the issue on their end (in our area at least.)

Opened the issue with them as well.

Re: Can't Download Pics or Videos oni WiFi

This issue just started for me Andriod 11 with Rogers ignite. Reboot and reset the modem issue still persists

ddff11111
I plan to stick around
The issue has returned for us. Seems intermittent. Very frustrating. Have to turn off wifi on our android phones to download or watch videos on whatsapp. Then turn it back on.

Guys, please continue to file your individual tickets with Rogers even if the issue is intermittent... for speedy resolution.

My issue seems to be resolved. Been okay for past 4 days. I did open an incident with them. They haven't called back. Not sure if they did something to resolve or not. Will update once I hear back.

maverick72
I plan to stick around

I just want to point out that this issue encompasses more than just Whatsapp.  I don't use Whatsapp, but have this exact problem for the last 2-3 weeks on my home Rogers Ignite Wifi only, and with multiple Android apps on multiple devices (Samsung S9 on Android 10, Asus Chromebook with Android 9).  I logged a ticket and Rogers Support and they acted like they've never heard of this before even though there are pages and pages of complaints for this issue in this forum. Went through the usual factory reset of Ignite gateway etc like everyone else, to no avail.  What works is switching to a private vpn to bypass Rogers DNS, but this is not a proper solution. 

Hello, @maverick72

Thanks so much for posting your concerns in the community.

We have received your private message and look forward to providing you with updates on this matter once they are available.

RogersTony

After years of no problems, about 2 weeks ago conversations with WhatsApp would appear for a second then go to reconnecting and disconnect. It doesn't matter if i am right neside my router same thing. But if I switch to a different wifi connection, not using Rogers ignite it works fine. I'm not sure what changed but would like to be able to do everything with my ignite connection

Hello, @UncleMike01

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I use WhatsApp more than regular phone calls and texts so I can understand how important it is to have this working properly for you.

We need a bit more information before determining what steps to take next.

• Does this happen on all of the devices using WhatsApp on your network?
  • Do you notice any issues with other apps like Facebook or Instagram?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps as of yet such as a reboot or factory reset of the modem?

We look forward to your response!

RogersTony

@UncleMike01 try this, run an IPV6 trace to whatsapp.com or facebook.com on a desktop or laptop.

Go Start and then type in   cmd  in the Search window to bring up a command prompt.  

Type in tracert -6 www.whatsapp.com

Copy the results and paste them in a post.  To do that, start at the first line of the trace, and then, holding the left mouse button down, scroll down and highlight the entire trace, top to bottom.  Then use Ctrl c to copy the results to the clipboard.  Paste the results in a post and then delete the IP address for Hop #1, which will be your modem's IPV6 IP address.  

The question at this point is, does the trace run to completion, or does it stop at the second IP address which is the CMTS.

maverick72
I plan to stick around

Now since yesterday (Dec 2), everything is inexplicably working again.  Never did get any updates from Rogers.  I like how they mess around with things behind the scenes without a care for how it impacts customers. Let's see how long until it is broken again...

I can see this being solved long back. However, I just installed a Rogers wifi at my home and I am facing this problem. I cannot download any pictures or videos through wifi on WhatsApp..

What steps do I need to take in order to resolve this?

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@rishinair wrote:
I can see this being solved long back. However, I just installed a Rogers wifi at my home and I am facing this problem. I cannot download any pictures or videos through wifi on WhatsApp..

What steps do I need to take in order to resolve this?

Did you happen to enable Protected Browsing or Parental Controls in the Ignite WiFi Hub??  Both have been known to break applications and cause weird issues with social media applications.