cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting in Sept. - Price Increase for Each Additional Ignite Entertainment Box

Rjagger
I've been here awhile

Now the Extra boxes are going up to $17 per month....

***Added Labels***

146 REPLIES 146

Re: Starting in Sept. - Price Increase for Each Additional Ignite Entertainment Box

chisholm2
I've been here awhile
File a complaint with the CRTC and the follow it up with an email to your federal member of parliament. Only they can force ROGERS hand on this ridiculous price increase for the Ignite boxes

Re: Starting in Sept. - Price Increase for Each Additional Ignite Entertainment Box

CayugaD
I've been here awhile

It is a rip to start with you can't buy a box, now they almost double the price to rent a additional box to beat the pressure of raising rates on the packages - sneaky as far as I'm concerned. I sent one back to just keep my costs down - So now they lose as I just use other means to watch.. Rogers claims it - the price increase is needed - well if others NEW instead of just paying the bill and started to drop extra boxes- they will not gain. All these giants go to rents or adding products through subscriptions to gain revenue without the reprecussion of full outright increase in base cost. Time to spread the word on social media. Complain to as many bodies as you can.

zomby
I plan to stick around
I’m extremely frustrated with Rogers over this change. I’ve been a loyal customer for decades, and this is how they repay us? Charging $17 just to rent an extra box is unreasonable. I currently have one for my son’s room so he can watch TV on his own schedule. Now imagine a family of four or six—back in the day with coaxial cable, we could get TV on every screen in the house. Unless they offer a Rogers Ignite app for Android, I’ll cancel the extra box. But seriously, Rogers should have included this feature by now.

2024 has been nothing but a year of price hikes across the board. I’m tired of these wealthy companies constantly demanding more. There’s no way they’re struggling financially. If they are, it’s because they mismanaged their budgets, and now they expect customers to foot the bill for their mistakes.

Samcc
I've been around
I returned to Rogers in early September I was not told of the price increase very disappointed with this continued money grabbing. Quoted a price that didn’t even last 1month

Bermy
I've been here awhile

I called today to cancel my extra box, rep immediately offered a $2.00 discount. When I said no, she then offered a $5.00 discount bring the total to $12. I still said no and that I will return it. I think they are starting to understand we have other options. I will just connect my computer to the second tv when needed and view it that way, not as convenient but will save me $230/year (with taxes)

S_Forbes
I plan to stick around

I'm glad you got them to knock the increase down. It's ridiculous what's happening. I'm going to give them a call, too. Who did you contact? Customer Service, Billing, Loyalty Department?

Bermy
I've been here awhile

I called 1-888 764-3771, selected option 1 - (billings), then option 5- (other options) then option 4- (questions about your billing). Good luck.

aa210
I've been here awhile

It seems that Rogers has just increased the savings of each box.

aa210
I've been here awhile

I just received my October bill, I have 2 extra boxes that are included in my deal from 4 months ago, also on a 2 year contract.

The rental cost went from $20 to $34 for both boxes but my discount also increased from $20 to $34.

S_Forbes
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

CanadaCindy
I plan to stick around

AM GOBSMACKED.  I just signed on to Ignite today, driven by the fact that Bell Canada is pulling our legacy home phone service. To get Rogers home phone and keep the home phone number, we have to switch to Ignite TV and Internet.  There are three TVs in the house, two which are not used often but are still necessary.  The rental for the extra two Ignite units will cost $461 a year (that includes HST) which is LUDICROUS !!!  And I thought traffic cameras were a cash grab.  🙄  For several years, the little converter boxes have done the job extremely well.  There must be a way to purchase an inexpensive solution and Rogers, you need to be a part of the SOLUTION !!!

ChanPatr
I plan to stick around

It’s possible to get a discount on the rental charges but you need to contact them.

Otherwise, Rogers will gladly accept the full charge of the rentals.

CanadaCindy
I plan to stick around

That works out to $230 (HST included) per box per year‼️ That is a ridiculous amount.  Rogers needs to offer the extra boxes at a market competitive sale price or allow us to use units purchased elsewhere.  Tell us which brands and models we can utilize but please don't hold us hostage to infinite rental fees.   

CanadaCindy
I plan to stick around

That's not what I'm going for.  Rental is a huge cash cow and not the best option.  

CanadaCindy
I plan to stick around

Very well said.  We are prey for monopolies in Canada.  Enough is enough.

CanadaCindy
I plan to stick around

I've found the right thread.  Let's keep exposing this nonsense.  This isn't the time to be alienating your client base with more and more cash grabs.  Enough already!

CanadaCindy
I plan to stick around

And to think we've survived very well on legacy cable and internet until Bell came along a few months ago and decided it was time to pull their highly reliable copper telephone technology; the most stable and reliable technology in this house!  By far!

CanadaCindy
I plan to stick around

I tried today. No can-do.  Hence why I'm in here to band together with those already in the fight.

CanadaCindy
I plan to stick around

That borders on fraud.  They're breaking a contract by the sounds of it.

CanadaCindy
I plan to stick around

There are plenty of us with televisions that aren't 'SMART' that can't necessarily cast from phones.  I HDMI from a laptop to perfectly fine older TVs but that shouldn't have to be the case.

CanadaCindy
I plan to stick around

Good luck. I tried today and failed.  I opted to pass on the two extra boxes and the notion of handing over $460/year!

Topic Stats