cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite box not recognized by reciever

Dave1960
I plan to stick around

I have my ignite box connected through my denon reciever. When i power on reciever the box is not activated. If while reciever is on i unplug power to ignite box and immediately plug power back into it then it works and i get rogers welcome screen. Why is it not active as soon as i turn on reciever...every time i have to reboot rogers box for it to be recognized?

***Added Labels***

51 REPLIES 51

Re: Ignite box not recognized by reciever

Dave1960
I plan to stick around
Thankyou guys for your assistance and advice. Im just going to use the power down command and that way everything works and i dont have to plug and unplug...until some tech geek comes around my house..lol

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Dave1960  No problem.  Our pleasure.  I still feel bad that we were not able to help you to get this issue resolved and get everything working properly.

Dave1960
I plan to stick around

no need to feel bad, Id say you helped me quite a bit. Thanks again! 

Cobramann
I've been here awhile

XR11 remote

Is the remote capable to power on or off an AVR. It would not on my Yamaha or my Denon AVR S750 H.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

I have a denon s730 and the xr11 powers down/up the AVR with no problem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Cobramann wrote:

Is the remote capable to power on or off an AVR. It would not on my Yamaha or my Denon AVR S750 H.

It should. Did you use the code finder in the following link? 

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr11-2/

The code for the Denon was 33347. There are additional codes if you just put in Denon and say you don't know the model number...

Dave1960
I plan to stick around
I have the 750 denon and it powers mine on/off

Cobramann
I've been here awhile
Thanks when back home will give it try.

Foley07
I've been here awhile
Fyi.. you are not the only one.
I have the exact same issue with my ignite. I have an Onkyo avr and Samsung tv, tried different HDMI cables and all. But the only sure way that it works properly is a power off by pulling the plug. Frustrating that every other device works completely fine through this setup and the original Rogers next box did as well.
This thread has helped, I will use the power down voice command.

Dave1960
I plan to stick around

If this is a known issue, Rogers should fix the problem. Im still having to unplug and replug each and every time I power down the system. I in the same as you, every other device connects fine through my receiver and comes alive when I power it up..except this  rogers box. Not impressed with this ignite tv either...garbage. I may just do away with it and stick to my android box. So annoying to be honest. Never watch much of ignite...it sucks. Netflix, or android most times.

Topic Stats
  • 51 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 6 in conversation