cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Screen Goes Black Intermittently

ultinet1
I've been here awhile

We have 2 tvs and 2 Rogers Ignite boxes.  Both have the same problem.  When watching Ignite Tv suddenly the screen goes black, no sound, for about 6 seconds, then resumes the program. This happens on both tvs.  Checked connections,  Cannot resolve this problem.  Any suggestions?

***Edited Labels***

75 REPLIES 75

Re: Ignite Screen Goes Black Intermittently

Cf67
I've been around
Release version 178.0.0
Timestamp
20/03/2024
STB Timestamp
29/03/2024
STB Version
6.6p13s1_PROD_sey

All of the issues shared - blackscreen for 5_+sec no sound
Freezing etc
All still happening. I have 2 boxes. I’m paying way too much money for these issues to persist!

macman1
I plan to stick around

Cf67....not sure who you have contacted, but I would recommend the following sequence;

-call tech support and they will probably want you to reboot modem and boxes , etc. but advise them you want a ticket created and get the ticket number. You will eventually in few days get a text saying they fixed  the problem or there has been a delay in fixing it and if not fixed notify tech support and give your ticket number and ask to speak to a manager

- ask one of the moderators who monitor this site to give you assistance...they are usually quick to respond and I found provide more information than then phone front line support.

Have tech support told you it is still a widespread problem....one of the moderators here will have or seem  to be able to get that information.

One last resort is to go to the Rogers website or google Rogers unresolved complaint resolution and you can send an email with details of your situation and it goes to the office of the President. However, unless you have tried the things above, it won't go very far.

Hope you get results

habsrule999
I plan to stick around
Hi.
So far I have not seen any issues for a few weeks. I just see I too have V178 on the STB my gateway was upgraded to
V CGM4331COM_6.2p32s1_PROD_sey. Hopefully it stays ok.

tupelo
I plan to stick around

I am having the same issue.  Have already had a box replaced (model I have is XiT-6).  Running the latest firmware based on the posts before.

Technician that came before, left me his number for follow up.  Says he will stop by today, so be interested to see what happens.

tupelo
I plan to stick around

Should also advise my issues occurred on both wired connection and Wifi.   

alroyal
I've been here awhile

Here is a possible solution. The way I resolved this issue is by turning off the snapshot capturing on all my ring cameras.
My snapshot captures was set to every three minutes on all three of my ring cameras.
To turn off the snapshot capturing on your ring cameras, go to Dashboard and click on the three dots above the camera screen. Click on device setting. click on snapshot capture and disable it.

alroyal
I've been here awhile
Here is a possible solution. The way I resolved this issue is by turning off the snapshot capturing on all my ring cameras.
My snapshot captures was set to every three minutes on all three of my ring cameras.
To turn off the snapshot capturing on your ring cameras, go to Dashboard and click on the three dots above the camera screen. Click on device setting. click on snapshot capture and disable it.

tupelo
I plan to stick around

We just got switched to a Xi-One box.  Unfortunately, it has not corrected the issue.  I have it wired as well, on recommendation from the Technician.  They have replaced the outside line as well.

Not really sure what to do now.

macman1
I plan to stick around

tupelo

I am no technician but it sounds like it is a firmware  issue. You should check what version is on your new box. 

If you not up to  date contact tech support to get their help in pushing  a new one through. My issues were resolved near end of February when Rogers pushed a revised update through. 

You may  also put  a message on here asking for a moderator to provide assistance and guidance. 

tupelo
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the suggestion.  What version Firmware are you running?  I can check that against mine.  I have been in touch with a Moderator as well - excellent to work with.

macman1
I plan to stick around

I checked one of my boxes: TX061AEI_6.6p21.s1-Prod-sey

The moderator should be able to give the most up to date version in case I copied some digits incorrectly. I also found all the Moderators very helpful. 

MITDROF
I've been around
There is no solution, rogers can't modify the settings of these boxes they get from Comcast in the us. The only solution is to switch to another provider. Unfortunately, it's doubtful that will resolve it either as the cable companies don't care.

tupelo
I plan to stick around

I did some more testing, and ordered 2 8K HDMI cables.  I was replacing the HDMI to the Rogers Box with a new out of the package HDMI.  I bypassed my Denon AVR and connected the Rogers Box direct to the TV and noticed no blackouts.  

This pointed to something in the AVR/TV connection.  Replaced the HDMI from the AVR to the TV with the 8K cables.  Appears to have resolved the issue.

Topic Stats