cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback After Switching to Ignite TV

bobleuz
I've been here awhile

I recently switched to Ignite TV and internet and I’m sorry that I did.
The channel guide is terrible. It’s black and white and difficult to read. Each page only displays four lines and when you page down the last line on the previous page is repeated.
I set the guide to display only channels that are free to me but it shows dozens of channels that are not free.
The remote is a terrible design. It’s totally black and it’s difficult to see the buttons.
When you want to set the guide to a specific channel it wants you to confirm your choice.
There is a huge display at the bottom of the guide showing details of the program that the cursor is set on. It’s a huge waste of space.
The remote should have a ‘last channel’ button like my previous remote.
All in all this has been a terrible experience.
I wouldn’t recommend Ignite to anyone.
I wish I could go back to the old system.

*** Edited Labels ***

42 REPLIES 42

Re: Feedback After Switching to Ignite TV

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@johnxia : Go to the following website, select your remote and follow the instructions on how to set up the remote for the TV.  After selecting the make of the TV, say that you don't know the model of the TV, and you will be provided with several different codes to programme in. Keep trying codes until you find one that works.

https://www.urcsupport.com/rogers/

Also, in order for the remote not to get "confused" make sure you disable the HDMI-CEC functionality in the TV and the box. (Rogers - Settings - Device Settings - Power Preferences - HDMI Device Control - Off.)

Topic Stats