cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you change the OSD timeout after skipping?

wayner92
I'm a senior contributor

After you skip forward or back on an Ignite TV box, an On Screen Display (OSD) comes up and obscures a large portion of the lower half of the screen for about 5 seconds.  Is there any to change this to 1 second?  I looked through the menus and didn't find anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can you change the OSD timeout after skipping?

TWF1
I've been around
Did you try pressing any of the arrow keys around the white GO button?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TWF1
I've been around
Did you try pressing any of the arrow keys around the white GO button?

wayner92
I'm a senior contributor

Thanks!  That works to get rid of it, but it would be nice if you could change a setting so it would do this automatically.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I use the "Exit" key since it's nice and close to "play".  It's been a habit of mine for many years - even when FF for example.  I thought I'd been doing this for years - even with the NextBoxes?

Blaq
I plan to stick around
I prefer exciting the on-screen display via the Up Arrow button. If I use Exit, on occasion I'll press the button just after the OSD has disappeared on its own, which exits playback. With Up Arrow, if I'm too slow, nothing inconvenient happens.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Blaq : Thanks for the reminder tip. It was mentioned in the solution post for this thread.  Unfortunately for many of us, we have muscle memory for using the exit key, so switching to the up-arrow would mean we'd have to re-train that finger (in my case thumb) movement. The up-arrow is also a lot further from the play button than the exit key (if you FF instead of skip).  Nevertheless, good to know if you're not already using another method.

Tip - If you exit too late, hit the large left arrow button, which takes you to your "last watched" list and you can resume your recording with one more button press once there instead of looking for a recording.

yvobru
I've been around

I think that OSD should be optional, when skipping or when changing channels. I find it annoying.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 in conversation