Connecting a smart bulb and smart plug to the new ignite wifi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Connecting a smart bulb and smart plug to the new ignite wifi

I have no personal experience with Globe Suite products... does anyone else on the forums?

If anyone else has any extra ideas that @Donnyjohn20 might try, please share! 

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello! So I finally figured it out! For anybody else trying with the globe suite bulbs from Costco, if you have Rogers ignite, you must disconnect from the wifi, run a personal hotspot from a phone and connect to it he personal hotspot and it’s the device your using to set up the bulbs. Once you run the search and add the bulb, you must then update the firmware. Once it’s updated, you have to delete the bulb and return to factory settings, once that is done you will be able to connect to your 2.4ghz Rogers ignite wifi with the bulb!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

THANK YOU!!! After so much time on livechat with Rogers AND on phone technical support with Rogers, your hotspot solution has saved me!!!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I got fed up messing around trying various things to get my smart plug connected.

I had an old Netgear router lying around. So I plugged it into the Ignite modem and used the wifi signal from it to run my smart plugs.  Works fine.