cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime App Issues?

yyz64
I plan to stick around

Anyone else have issues using the Prime video app?I find at least 50-75% of the time when I choose a show  and select it when a preview comes on and I select skip I quite often  Iose video to a black or frozen screen . Or I get a sound but no video andt then it just stops with a black screen.Never seen this using my firesticks.

I have even been "kicked" back to Ignite tv  live tv once or twice.

**Labels Added**

24 REPLIES 24

Re: Amazon Prime App Issues?

RogersMoin

Hello, @yyz64

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. We couldn't replicate the issue on our end, the video streams smoothly. We randomly tried different shows, and we didn't notice the same problem as you mentioned. What are the shows that are not working for you?

Is it happening only with the Amazon Prime app? And is it happening with more than one box? 

Community - anyone else noticed the same behaviour?

Cheers,
RogersMoin

yyz64
I plan to stick around

We usually use 1 main box for it but have noticed it on different shows like Jack Ryan and now Homecoming.I'll try it on a different box and see if the same happens.

Ambie92
I've been here awhile

Hello my name amber have you try restarting your box’s or reboot it to see if that may help your issues

Jhrm76
I've been around

Just in the last few days Netflix and prime have both randomly started closing themselves randomly, this has never occurred prior to just the last week or so, something has clearly changed or an update of some sort done that has broken them at least in my case, my screen will go blank and a few seconds later the tv will revert back to live tv, no error messages nothing, I will then have to open the app and resume the program I was watching from where I left off, this can happen in 5 minutes or in 2 hours, it’s becoming very annoying, I have reset both my tv and box numerous times, can someone please look into this.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Jhrm76 wrote:

Just in the last few days Netflix and prime have both randomly started closing themselves randomly, this has never occurred prior to just the last week or so, something has clearly changed or an update of some sort done that has broken them at least in my case, my screen will go blank and a few seconds later the tv will revert back to live tv, no error messages nothing, I will then have to open the app and resume the program I was watching from where I left off, this can happen in 5 minutes or in 2 hours, it’s becoming very annoying, I have reset both my tv and box numerous times, can someone please look into this.

Hi, @Jhrm76  and welcome to the Community!  This definitely should not be happening.

How many set-top boxes do you have?  Is this problem occurring on all set-top boxes or just one?

Have you tried to "Clear Cookies and Local Storage Data" and "Reset Netflix" to see if this resolves your app issues?

To clear cookies/local storage, you will need to find "Clear Cookies and Local Storage Data" in Settings.  This item was originally located in "Settings / Preferences / General" but has since been relocated to "Settings / Privacy".  This is an all-or-nothing option; you cannot clear cookies/local storage on a per-app basis so this will log you out of all third-party apps on the set-top box.

To reset Netflix, go to "Settings / Help" (or press the "A" button on your remote); you will find "Reset Netflix" under Troubleshooting.

If you are still experiencing app stability issues, the problem may be with your set-top box.  For further assistance, you can either call Rogers Tech Support or you can also send a Private Message to the @CommunityHelps team.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I have been re-watching Battlestar Galactica on Prime lately. On multiple boxes around the house. I have not had any problems.

yyz64
I plan to stick around

While I haven't been kicked out to live tv or had the black screen since I was told it had been fixed. the subtitle problem still does appear randomly.Started watching Hanna on Amazon Prime and there was at least 1 episode that had I believe French subs on.Back to the home screen and change language to something other than English then back again.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
This I have had before, the subtitles come on when I do not want them (which is never).

yyz64
I plan to stick around

Well it appears the subtitle problem is back also had it on another show Homeland which we started watching.The fix again is to go choose a language other than English and then set back to English.Thought they had this fixed, apparently not

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
This would be an amazon problem, they provide the app, not Rogers or Comcast.

jjjjy7
I'm a reliable contributor

I agree, this is not unique to Rogers.  I have read in forums where people using other carriers have had the same issue.  That said, I have only had the problem when streaming via the Ignite Box.  Never had the subtitle problem with my Apple TV, smart TV or my phone.

I got prime video membership two days ago. And try to open prime video apps through rogers network, don't work.
Message showing Retry the app. I did but not work. But prime music app work
Why? Is fault from Roger site or Prime video

Hello @Pijush,

Welcome to the Community!

Is the app not working on Ignite TV? Are you able to access it successfully via the browser or your mobile device? Just want to identify what may be causing this issue. Are the other apps working fine?

Can you please clarify if the app is not working on a specific platform or you cannot access Prime Video on your Rogers Internet. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Try using it through your browser on a computer to make sure Prime is activated for you. I would then power cycle the STB to see if that clears it.

This is happening to me, I also get a some went wrong and I can’t watch certain episodes in a series

Good evening @Amanda18,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community! We certainly want to help you resolve the issues you've been experiencing with the Amazon Prime app. Is it been resolved since you posted?

To further assist you, we'll need more information. Is the Amazon Prime Video app not working on your Ignite TV platform? Are you able to access it successfully via the browser or your mobile device?

You mentioned being unable to watch certain episodes in a series. Does that mean you're able to load the app and access some other ones?

Don't forget to let us know the troubleshooting steps you've performed so far!

RogersMaude

wand612
I've been here awhile

One of our ignite boxes is attached to a Samsung smart tv. Amazon Prime works fine when we go in directly through the tv’s Amazon prime app. But we are having problems when we go in with the app on Rogers ignite. Amazon has suddenly started giving us an error message when we try to play something like Rings of Power or The Peripheral. It does work fine for other items, such as House of Gucci. Our 2nd ignite box is attached to a dumb non UHD tv works fine.

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor
I've been having issues with the Ignite Prime App as well.

Seems like Amazon's recent update broke it's Comcast version.

I can access Prime through my Android TV, but the Ignite app is broken.

wand612
I've been here awhile

Thanks for letting me know. 

Greetings @wand612!

Would you mind providing the details of the error message you're receiving?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 14 in conversation