cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice/Tips…Help?!

Fherrera
I've been here awhile

I received a notice from Rogers stating that the tv digital boxes with the model #’s starting with SA or PA would be decommissioned after a certain date and were offering to upgrade to Ignite Tv. Our condo has some sort of deal with Rogers for our cable. So I upgraded and received the Ignite Tv boxes on Thursday, July 11th (afternoon). I contacted Rogers that same day as I was actually expecting 3 Ignite tv boxes, however only received 2. As soon as I got off the phone with the rep, I noticed that the digital tv boxes were no longer connected as the message on the tv said to contact Rogers. I connected the Ignite tv boxes - one in the bedroom and the other in the living room. I had no issues going through the setup of the remote controls and after getting to the part “Welcome Connecting to your entertainment experience” the screen just goes blank. (Black screen) I tried restarting and unplugging the Ignite tv box but it didn’t work. So I contacted Rogers technical support and the rep walked me through the whole setup and also rebooted my Ignite modem, but it still would not work. I had a tech come in on Friday, July 12th. He went as far as replacing the Ignite modem, one of the Ignite tv boxes and cable splitter but it still would not work. He contacted Rogers support, provided me with a case ID # and said hopefully it starts working within 24 hours and both Ignite tv boxes were still not working. (Didn’t receive a call, email or text regarding the status of the case ID #) I ended up calling on Monday, July 15th to follow up with the issue and was told by the tech that he would “escalate” the case ID. A few hours later I ended up getting that standard text message Update on ticket # ..there’s been a delay in fixing the Ignite Tv problem..we’re sorry it’s taking so long. Oh and not to mention our home phone also stopped working. (And yes, I still have a home phone as my 88 year old mother lives with me lol) I’m starting to lose my patience. Is this even going to be fixed?! At this point, I’d rather the digital boxes…sigh…Help!!!

***ADDED LABELS***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Advice/Tips…Help?!

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

did u connect the new ignite modem first before you connected the ignite boxes? even though the internet was also called ignite, its tricky because there is another kind of ignite internet modem that is compatible, so you need to change to the new ignite modem for the new ignite tv boxes to work.

Fherrera
I've been here awhile
Yes, the tech connected the new ignite modem first and then connected the ignite tv box. (As he also replaced the one ignite tv box) But it still would not work. What is the model number for the new ignite modem that is compatible with the ignite tv boxes? The tech also replaced my modem as well. Thanks

Hello @Fherrera ,

Thanks for sharing your current concerns with the rest of the community. I'm really sorry to hear that you've been without services since attempting to activate your equipment on July 11th. 😞

The latest internet modem models would be the XB7 and XB8. 

Since your last post, has anything changed? If not, we'd like to have a closer look to figure out what is happening. Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation