Visual voicemail delayed delivery

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredqwerty
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Visual voicemail delayed delivery AND now unable to access Voicemail at all

Just got this same response myself. My third time calling.
fredqwerty
I've Been Here Awhile

Well your post helped me at least, so thank you!
xtechx
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, I tried chat with support once after the message in this thread on 03/29. I was told that wasn't accurate info, but that's likely typical; different reps will say different things. I've been having a seemingly similar issue has been going on for me since ~November last year at least, which seems to align with the start of this thread. I do not notice the messages downloading on their own though, I have to either call in (1), and enter password for 1 message to download... or receive a second message.

On that note.. I haven't noticed anyone mention it in the thread (or I can't read), but your Visual Voicemail messages should automatically download when you get a second message (or I guess that means every second message, assuming there are 2 new messages) without any interaction from you. I realize that isn't necessarily helpful, but thought I'd mention it. It's easy to test if you're also affected. Try calling yourself from another line, leave one voicemail, then hang up, call back, and leave another. It likely will download both messages moments after the second message is complete. 

The support rep I chatted with in April told me there is no known issue for "delayed messages", but there is a known issue when VVM does not download on 1st message, but does on the 2nd message. Apparently there is a list, and my info was added to it. They had no clue when it would be resolved.. 

RickTO
I've Been Here Awhile

You got the problem explained perfectly. The most frustrating thing is that there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
RickTO
I've Been Here Awhile

And the problem still persists. I am not an IT, but this shouldn’t be a problem that lingers for more than six months. I don’t know if it is an Apple or a Rogers problem, but it shouldn’t take this long to tackle it and come up with a solution.