Visual voicemail delayed delivery

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lancelot2
I've Been Here Awhile

Visual voicemail delayed delivery

I’ve noticed that I’m getting voicemails delivered 1-24 hours after they were left. I understand that the first step to troubleshooting for this is often to fully reset the voicemail on the phone (which subsequently clears out all the voicemail and makes me setup the greeting again).
This works for me. How do I do that?

***Added Labels***

RogersJo

Re: Visual voicemail delayed delivery

Good day @Lancelot2

Congrats on your first post and Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😊 Hope you're staying safe and sound. I know first hand how imperative it is to ensure you receive your voicemail messages in a timely fashion. When did this start happening? 

Re-provisioning the feature would cause the deletion of the entire voicemail, causing all greetings, messages, and settings to be lost. You will have to re-activate your voicemail after the process is completed. This procedure is a last resort troubleshooting step when all other efforts to resolve the voicemail issue have been exhausted. If I may suggest connecting with us at @CommunityHelps and we can certainly take a look into this for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers! 

RogersJo

jfenow
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Visual voicemail delayed delivery AND now unable to access Voicemail at all

Don't bother listening to the reps here. They seem to never know when there is a problem.

I called Rogers yesterday because I was having the same problem, but yesterday it got even worse when my visual voicemail disappeared, and I couldn't even access it phoning in to my voicemail. For anyone wondering about this problem, I was told Rogers is setting up a new voicemail mailbox system and there was a glitch. They also said a multitude of customers have called in about it. They gave me a ticket number and said they're working on it. No estimate on when it will be fixed. They did say that the delayed voicemails were part of the same problem. So all we can do is wait until they find a solution and fix it.

I was expecting to come in here to a slew of angry posts and am surprised not to find anything besides this one post. I find it inconvenient not being able to access my voicemail, but I can't imagine people who count on voicemail for business or other important situations. I'd be livid. As it is I'm annoyed and hope they get their act together soon.

jfenow
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Visual voicemail delayed delivery and now unable to access Voicemail at all

Just an update to my previous message. I know now why there are no complaints about this issue on the forums. Turns out I ended up with an inexperienced rep yesterday. I checked on my ticket status today as the voicemail still wasn’t back, and turns out she could have fixed it right away. The rep today fixed it immediately. He said that yes, they’re working on why the glitch happened, but that the reps could reactivate the voicemail right away. I wonder how long I would have had to wait had I not called in again. (huge eyeroll)

So anyone having this problem, make sure they reactivate it right away for you. If they say they can’t, phone back and get another rep (I’ve done that many times before, you just have to get the right one that knows what they’re doing). I don’t know why I didn’t this time. Shame on me.

Lancelot2
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, I have called to Rogers Wireless support a second time (first time was Nov.12, 2020).  This time I've asked for a re-provisioning of the visual voicemail.

PhysioMike
I've Been Around

Just had a productive call with ROGERS. It appears that when you have a plan that has regular voicemail, with an add-on Visual Voicemail, that there is a conflict in the system. She ‘removed’ the basic VM from my account, leaving only Visual VM and now messages appear within seconds of someone calling ad leaving a message.
Thank you to my helpful agent!
dgm007
I've Been Around

Just had a 3+ day delay seeing voicemail. The problem continues, late April/early May 2021. Terrible performance by Rogers.
RogersZia

Good evening @dgm007,

Welcome to the Community!

I realize how inconvenient delayed delivery can be. Have you had a chance to get in touch with our technical support team?

For further assistance please send us a PM @CommunityHelps. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

RogersZia

RickTO
I've Been Around

I have the same problem. I have been dealing with it for months. Endless calls to Rogers. Troubleshooting every way possible and the problem persists. At one point I was told that it is a well known issue and that they are working closely with Apple to solve the problem. This is beyond annoying.
jfenow
I Plan to Stick Around

Further to my earlier post, I’m back to the same problem. I thought it was fixed last time but it works for a few days then stops again (I’ve had it reset 3 times since). What a waste of time to phone in over and over and go through their troubleshooting every time, only for the problem to return. And it happens on every iPhone (3 in the household, different versions).

You can still access the voicemails, here’s how:

If I see a missed phone call (and no voicemail notification) I dial in to check messages (press AND HOLD number 1 on the dialpad to call in - you’ll need your password), the voicemails are there. As I’m listening to them, I suddenly get the visual voicemail alert and the voicemail then shows up in my visual voicemail (usually, sometimes they still don’t show up in the visual voicemail, but I can at least access them). But what’s the point of visual voicemail if I have to phone in to check every time!

Rogers has all this information, all these complaints from customers yet they still haven’t fixed the issue. All they do is reset it then seemingly forget about the issue. I’m not very motivated at the moment to purchase another phone when it comes out later this year.