Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

Hello @Victorchan218 @stefman722

With all due respect, doesnt matter this is a Android thread. What i am saying is correct however you both failed to understand. So I'll explain a bit better below.

The Galaxy watch and Apple watch use ESIM. Rogers is having ISSUES enabling and accepting ESIM watches on their networks since the Apple Watch 4 launched last month.

With all due respect once again, go read those forums to see how many are affected with that issue.

Thus why most likely Rogers isn't offering the watch yet until those issues are fixed. Once again the Galaxy Watch uses ESIM which the Rogers servers are having issues and troubles activating them with the Apple Watch.

If this makes no sense then I don't know what to tell to tell you.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kavkaz

Only carriers allowing the watch seems to be the big 3.

I know which promotion you are talking about.
I Plan to Stick Around

With all due respect, you fail to see what we're getting at. If Rogers two main competitors are BOTH offering the watch, there is zero excuse what so ever to not offer it. I hope you get compensated for defending Rogers lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @stefman722

How am I defending Rogers? You haven't seen the threads about the issues with the Apple Watch not being able to be active on the Rogers networks using ESIM. So I'm saying that it could be that reason why they haven't launched the Galaxy Watch until those errors get fixed.

However I agree that Rogers has a long time to get this right and failed at it. I said it many times on there as well. They should have been more proactive and had tested this system out before hand. I have said this for years being on here and seeing many launches.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I dont think we need to argue here. My point is very simple Rogers as one of the biggest cellular provider if the other two competitors can do it why cant you? There should be no excuse for this. Secondly why you only offer esim service plan to consumer customer and not business customer? As I mention in my previous thread we as business customer do rely on technology and may need this more than a regular consumer.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Victorchan218

I agree. That's something they need to port as may business customers would love to use a smartwatch. It's useful for them as well.

They said " in 2019" but never said why and what's going on. They should be nor proactive and say more so customers can understand what's happening.
I've Been Around

You are wrong. I read right on the site that the only 2 carriers who will support the lte version is bell and telus.
I Plan to Stick Around

Did Samsung get money from Bell and Telus to get this exclusive for  6 months or so?

I Plan to Stick Around

Doubt it. 

I think its due to the eSIM issue or Rogers doesn't think Galaxy Watch LTE is worth it.

Funny thing is there stores sell the bluetooth version. 

I've Been Around

I'm with you on that. No excuse for Rogers and no reason to stay with them. At least if they would indicate that support is coming and give us a reasonable timeline..........but their silence is deadening.