Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

Now that Rogers has released support for Apple watches, and the Samsung LTE watch will be in Canada in late October, when will Rogers support the Samsung LTE watch?

***EDITED LABELS***

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

Hello @garron2!

We hope you've been enjoying your stay in the Forums and congrats on your first post! 😁

I'm definitely a watch person myself and I have to admit, the new Samsung Galaxy smartwatches are pretty easy on the eyes!!

Currently, only Apple Watch Series 3 or newer (GPS + Cellular) is compatible with smartwatch plans. Please stay tuned for any future updates to come!!

RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

Why is Roger's NOT supporting Samsung Galaxy Watch?!!! The LTE version is available for preorder. I love mine so much I ordered bluetooth model awaiting the LTE version. I NEED this watch in LTE. I've been a customer for nearly 20 years! Now I need to switch my carrier to support my watch?! Sad...
I've Been Here Awhile

The apple watch can not be ordered without an iphone. So, Samsung users are held up by Roger's not offering the Samsung galaxy watch.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @No1girltech

Switching carriers won't do anything truthfully. That watch isn't supported by any other carrier as i can see.. So what will switching carriers do really?. You will complain to that carrier too if they don't support it right now..

Also you are wrong. The watch CAN be ordered without a iPhone. You can still use the watch for calling ( I have a Apple watch series 4) and it still works if I am using myS9+. However messaging doesn't work. So u need a iPhone if u want to change settings and texting. Calling still works.

Everything can work with WiFi or Bluetooth however. Just clearing up some facts here.
I've Been Here Awhile

Your facts are misconstrued.

#1. Roger's will not allow ME to order the watch without an iphone.

#2. Samsung released the LTE Galaxy watch only available with Bell and Telus.

Just clearing up the current facts.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @No1girltech

#1. Rogers should not be doing this as the watch CAN be used separate. Can you explain where they are not allowing u to buy it? Since stores are online do not state this? No where does it state u need the phone in order to get the watch. If it's a store rep, call them out and ask to speak to a manager. Online it let's u order the watch but pick it up in store. So yes you can get it witjout a iPhone. Whoever says otherwise has no clue what they are saying...

#2. My aologies but can you show me on the Telus or Bell site that they have it? I don't see it.. So if Samsung says that Bell and Telus can support it, doesn't mean they both will sell the device as of now. They can support it but you need to buy it from Best Buy or Samsung. I checked Telus site here in Ontario and I don't see it.

Same with Bell. Only wearables I see is either the Apple Watches, Fossil, Fitbits. So please show me a link that Bell and Telus as of this moment are selling or pre ordering those watches on their wesite. Thank you.

Rogers unfortunately won't out it up for sale unless they see people want it. They are always having major issues with activating the Apple Watches on their networks. I don't think they will order another watch until they fix those issues ( since they both use ESIM).
I've Been Here Awhile

It is Samsung Canada website where it states on Bell and Telus will support it.

I am looking into the texting via apple watch now and may switch to apple watch. I use WhatsApp with most family and friends anyways and apple watch supports that! I know that for sure.
I've Been Around

They sell the LTE version and have it in stock at the Source for Bell only.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Keff15

Yes that's because Best Buy and The Source including Samsung are only selling it at the moment.

The Source is owned by Bell so that's why it's only for Bell from the source.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats