cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

garron2
I've been around

Now that Rogers has released support for Apple watches, and the Samsung LTE watch will be in Canada in late October, when will Rogers support the Samsung LTE watch?

***EDITED LABELS***

228 REPLIES 228

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

Shambles
I've been here awhile
Bell started support for new galaxy watch lte, I hope Rogers does too!

Actually switch providers will fix the issue. Bell and I believe talus support the watch flawlessly.

sporturf
I've been around

I need my Galaxy Watch LTE set up NOW why dose nobody know how to do it

When can I get it?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sporturf

Unfortunately Rogers has yet to support it. So no way you can enable it on LTE with Rogers. Only Bluetooth / WiFi.

trailhawk
I've been here awhile
Not so patiently staying tuned for future updates.... Will rogers offer the galaxy watch LTE? If so, when?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @trailhawk

If Rogers hasn't updates this thread or their page, they won't update until they get a ETA. Unfortunately there is no date when it will launch.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
By the time support is launching Samsung will end support for galaxy watch 😂. ROGERS IS AWAYS AHEAD OF THE GAME

claven2
I plan to stick around

My wife advises me she bought me the LTE galaxy watch for Christmas so I could leave my personal phone at home when carrying my work phone (I hate carrying 2 phones).  Now I see Rogers won't support it, despite the BestBuy guy saying you do (????).

Rogers: I'm a 20+ year customer.  You have until December 25th, then I give Bell a shot.  WAKE UP!!!  people who aren't at the forefront lose customers.  You know this, right???

HayDude
I plan to stick around
Think I'm moving after XMas also. I do not think Rogers even reads this stuff; they have not even tried to explain their position!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @claven2

Best Buy reps have no clue on what they are saying. Believe me i worked for Bestbuy and know the reps which give false information to get a sale.

It seems like there is a big issue going around on why Rogers won't support it and they won't give a answer to why and what's going on

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @HayDude

The Rogers staff on here send out the posts to the higher ups. Unfortunately it's up to the higher ups that will change something or add a product in their line up.

Believe me i have family member that want this watch but are willing to switch if Rogers doesn't activate it or sell it by the new year.

claven2
I plan to stick around

I agree with the last 2 posts.  I think there is a reason why it's not enabled when the apple offering is, I just don't know what it is.  From a cellular technology perspective, they both use the same e-Sim system and Rogers DOES support virtually all other Samsung products.  

I figure either they are having a bad experience with LTE functionality on the AWS4 and don't want to dig themselves in deeper, or there is a business reason to push only one product - something like a marketing agreement with Apple or whatever.

Either way, they should come clean about it - this is the year LTE wearables are taking off and are a :must have: Christmas purchase for the tech savvy Canadian.  In my opinion, they are about to lose a bunch of wearable-curious android users by only supporting the apple product without explaining that decisions at all.

claven2
I plan to stick around

Well I have my LTE watch now (Galaxy Watch) and I do like it more then I thought I would.  I also like my Rogers services and am hoping (fingers crossed) that they support the watch's LTE functionality soon.  VERY willing to pay the $10/mo if they offer the service.  

Looking forward to leaving the phone at home when the watch get Rogers LTE support via eSim...

Victorchan218
I plan to stick around
Same here I bought the galaxy watch LTE version and use it like a bluetooth watch and would like to wait when Roger's support lte then activate the watch as Lte.

The Samsung watch is available at the other carriers

HayDude
I plan to stick around

Ya that's great but if you are stuck with Rogers that won't help.

I just moved one of my numbers to Bell so I could get the watch I wanted.

Gnine
I'm here a lot

Will Rogers support the Galaxy Watch LTE anytime soon?

Hello @Gnine,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

As an Android user and a huge fan of wearables, I am also eagerly awaiting any sort of news regarding Rogers supporting the Galaxy Watch LTE. I am still using a Galaxy S2 Classic as a result since we have not been provided with an update, at this time.

Once we do have some actual news we will ensure the Community is updated as well as the Rogers.com website.

I hope we hear something soon! 🤞

RogersTony

Thank you for your response.

braidster1
I plan to stick around

There is another post in this forum about this where somebody said he spent hours on the phone recently getting escalated higher and higher, but was eventually told Rogers wasn't planning on supporting the Galaxy watch.  Sadly I bought one giving them the benefit of doubt, but now think I'm gonna move to a different carrier.

Gnine
I'm here a lot
When could we expect support for Galaxy Watch LTE