Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

@No1girltech wrote:
Your facts are misconstrued.

#1. Roger's will not allow ME to order the watch without an iphone.

#2. Samsung released the LTE Galaxy watch only available with Bell and Telus.

Just clearing up the current facts.

I am in the same boat. Rogers refuses to john 21st century. no support for wearables. I have LTE GW on preoder as well but not sure where and how to activate it. Bell and Telus DO NOT support GW LTE at the moment, despite Samsung saying so.

ROGERS - this is NOT cool at all! you are holding us back!!!!

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, Rogers why can't you support samsung watch??? Since Bell and Telus already announed they are supporting it.

Also why the rogers business still not support esim? It doesn't make sense only the individual account support and not the business account. As a business customer we are more rely on technology these days we need the smart watch more than individual customer.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's here! Bell and Telus now offering the Galaxy Watch.

Well, I'm a 15 year + customer of Rogers and I am no longer on contract and have been waiting for just the right "push" for me to switch to Telus, especially seeing how they have newer towers around my house. Well, this is going to be the nail in my contract with Rogers, who refuses to support new tech. Since I can't get the watch with Rogers, Telus here I come!

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/10/26/samsung-galaxy-watch-available-now/
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah Rogers you hear us??? Why your technology so behind as compare to your competitors. I am very surprise.
I've Been Around

Galaxy Watch

That's really a bummer that Rogers doesn't have the Galaxy Watch. Even if it's not the lte, give the customer the possibility to at least have the Bluetooth one with monthly payments.

It sure would be better to have the lte! But if you cannot support it ( I won't know why since Apple watch works) then give us the Bluetooth version.

Or update your things and give us the LTE version. But come on.. Bell and Telus have them, I can't understand why your technology is that behind for a company that is supossed to be that big..

I'll hope you will change your minding and that we will have the possibility to have a Galaxy Watch directly for Rogers..

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

I haven't noticed that any of you seen this. However I believe Rogers is holding back due to the major issues on the Apple Watch LTE with registrations and making accounts. Since September 21st major issues in Roger side has affected hundreds if not thousands to activate any LTE Apple watch. Bought from Apple or Rogers.

There is a huge thread regarding this. Many tech sites reported this too. My believe as i see it is that they want to fix those errors and make sure that the system runs perfectly fine without errors or issues.

I invite everyone to look on that thread to understand. This could be the main reason why they aren't offering it at the moment which makes sense.
I Plan to Stick Around

This is the android forum. What does apples faults have to do with the Galaxy Watch?
I Plan to Stick Around

Stedman you are dam right. We are talking galaxy watch here.
I Plan to Stick Around

If I buy from best buy will the watch work on any of the 3 networks or r they locked? I am guessing not locked.

Got it at 30% off from BB 😃. So not sure what I should do
I Plan to Stick Around

Wut? You got 30% off? I didnt see the promotion at bestbuy. Is it bestbuy canada? I didnt see any 30% off