Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ Reservation numbers / Questions

@Meowmix Hey, where are you seeing pre-order numbers from Samsung? 

I Plan to Stick Around

He tried to use the usual way. Didn't work. He called his customer support line. They told him they can't do anything on their end. He said he will call me when it's ready. I wasn't going to get mad at this guy. He's a Rogers authorized dealer. Turns out he only got 3 S8's.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tierackk

6 people in my location reserved the S8 but I'm the only one with the S8+ lol. Just waiting for the system to show either it goes through or not.

Also shows 2 S8 devices in gray are at the store for pick up reservations. 2 names lol . Same last name.
I Plan to Stick Around

Given all the backend screwups with Rogers. I would not be surprised if all of a sudden 500 Orchid Greys were suddenly found and shipped.

I am thinking they botched the rollout and are not sure of anything anymore especially stock levels.
I Plan to Stick Around

Strange. It felt like there would be hoards of people getting this phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

so I called the store to confirm, and they do indeed have received my Orchid Grey S8+ (Even though I was #94 on the customer side, and some people with a lower number reported their hasn't shipped yet )

Now I just want to see someone post that the IMEI has been added and phones can be activated!!! Come on Rogers lol!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RAwhite1987

Honestly it's confusing for them doing this all the time. All launches they have issues
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm at local mall atm have another 20 min till they open hope they fix it...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

So it is correct. All system are down as the S8 and S8 Plus aren't in the system so unfortunately who ever is going to the store, just call instead. I was told to come back in a couple of hours.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just went to Rogers at 10. Had my phone but they can't activate any because the system isn't recognizing the imei. Way to go haha

So let's hope later today it works!