Double / Failed Text Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages

Unable to receive text messages from my daughter.

For some time now my wife has not been able to receive any text messages from our daughter. I have checked her phone setting to ensure our daughter has not been accidently blocked and have been in touch with technical support. They had me remove all contact history and information from my wife's phone and had me get my daughter to remove all my wife's I formation from her phone. When this was done, they has us try typing in the number and send a message. This was still unsuccessful. The daughter can receive messages, but is unable to reply. They used to be a way of checking Extreme Texting for possible blocking there, but that's no longer the case. There used to be a code that could be submitted with a blocked number that used to clear the blocking, but I can't remember what it was. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Gbyceng1 wrote:
Unable to receive text messages from my daughter.

For some time now my wife has not been able to receive any text messages from our daughter. I have checked her phone setting to ensure our daughter has not been accidently blocked and have been in touch with technical support. They had me remove all contact history and information from my wife's phone and had me get my daughter to remove all my wife's I formation from her phone. When this was done, they has us try typing in the number and send a message. This was still unsuccessful. The daughter can receive messages, but is unable to reply. They used to be a way of checking Extreme Texting for possible blocking there, but that's no longer the case. There used to be a code that could be submitted with a blocked number that used to clear the blocking, but I can't remember what it was. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance.

@Gbyceng1

What phones are being used? If they're iPhones perhaps someone turned off iMessages? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the reply, but the wife's phones is a Samsung Galaxy S6.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Add me to the list. I have this "feature" on my LG G4 too. Reading the post, I turned VolTE off, will see how this solves the problem (or not).

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am having this problem on my samsung s9 plus. Is there an actual solution?
Highlighted

Hi @nstickle!

Welcome to our Community!

I know that double/failed text messages can be extremely frustrating. I've dealt with it myself in the past. 

There are multiple possible reasons why this is happening however! Please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can look into this for you. 

If you're not familiar with how to PM, please follow this link for instructions: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/blogs/blogarticlepage/blog-id/CommunityBlog/article-id/535

Regards,

RogersCorey

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have a pixel 2 and am sending and receiving double text messages mostly with my husband... How can I fix this???
Highlighted

Hello @514jfk,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

I know how annoying it can be for you and those you communicate with to be receiving or sending double text messages constantly.

I recently ran into a similar issue on my device and I was able to get it resolved by turning off Voice over LTE (VoLTE) on my device. Do you and your husband both have VoLTE turned on in the Phone settings? If so, please turn it off on both devices and see if the double text message issue is persistent.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

514jfk:

I am also sending and occasionally receiving duplicates.

Looking at the message details for both duplicates, the 1st is sent via RCS and the 2nd is sent via SMS five minutes later.
Sometimes both duplicates come through as SMS.
This issue with duplicates consistently happens every day.

These duplicates are usually the first in a set of messages and or the first message typically early in the morning when the recipient's phone is asleep I'm guessing. Possibly at other times as well, but consistently duplicates in the AM.
Both phones are Pixel 2's. Both on Rogers LTE, with VoLTE and Wifi Calling.

I've tried many different settings configurations on both phones turning things off and on.

Snappy

Highlighted

Good morning @Markham_Snappy!

Duplicate texts can be a real nuisance. I encountered this issue after switching phone models before so I'm pretty familiar with how annoying it can be...

In these circumstances, we do have tools that let us trace the delivery status of text messages. If they're being duplicated due to an error or issue on our network, we have the tools to detect that! Please PM us @CommunityHelps and I will get to work on resolving this for you. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey