cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double / Failed Text Messages

AccordXTC
I'm a reliable contributor

Hello 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edege and am having the issue with getting failed or double text messages. Had the phone since launch with new sim card. I've tried factory reset as well reset on Rogers side of things. They've opened a ticket but wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Not sure if it means anything but I have no issues with calls and get VOLTE as well can switch to roaming when in my basement at home.

Thanks in advance

***Edited Labels***

118 REPLIES 118

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages-fail to recieve over wi fi

It's not VOLTE, it is Voice and Text over my separately subscribed and paid for WiFi, not LTE, which is cellular tower driven.

Here's the good news--The CRTC complaints division has reviewed my 4 page complaint, and has emailed to me that "it has merit". This means Rogers has 15 days to respond to the complaint.

I assume if Rogers fails to respond in a meaningful way, (opposite of anything on this forum) then CRTC probably gives me the Company. 

Double texts being sent have come up again on my Galaxy S7 Edge... Pretty annoying for myself any people receiveing them.

I had 15 repeat messages yesterday. This is likely because the "Text over WiFi" still isn't resolved. When I left the house to go meet a client the ROGER's SERVER had sent the same message repeatedly (Which I had no way of knowing was there, since the receive over WiFi isn't working) until I was in a ROGER's Cellular Tower 4G signal area. After I deleted all but 1, and read it, the Server at ROGER's stopped sending it. I have a complaint in place at the CRTC, but so far no one has attempted to contact me from ROGER's Technical Support, to determine the exact problem; and obviously, going on this forum is beneath their pay grade!

I am convinced the front end people, whom the Companies are vicariously resonsible for, are telling we the customers things that are simply not true. This creates a false expectation, and we lay down about 1000 dollars based on those spoken promises "the service you receive at OUR COMPANY will correct the frustration you are feeling over at COMPANY "B". " 

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages

Rawd
I've been here awhile
I turned off Volte, and it didn't seem to help any. It is still happening here periodically. It is embarrassing and unprofessional.

GJB-JWB
I've been here awhile

I'm not sure it is Voice and Text over WiFi, since I never have this feature enabled since it requires me to have location services turned on on my S6. And with location turned on I'm lucky to get 8 hours battery life.

CoOlSlY
I plan to stick around

Ditto here, Wifi text and calling is disabled...

The problem is there for years, it's been reported many times, never had this problem with Bell/Virgin (using the same device) so the problem is on Rogers end and they don't really care since it's been more than 2 years I would say that people are experiencing intermitent problems with this...

Hello @Rawd  @CoOlSlY                                            

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums. 🙂

Having your phone send out duplicate text messages is a frustrating experience for you and the people you are sending them to.

I will need to gain access to your account in order to escalate a ticket on your behalf for further investigation. Please PM us in order to get this done for you.

If you are not familiar with how to send a PM please click here

If anyone else in the community is experiencing this same issue please PM us to have the matter escalated.

Regards,

RogersTony

Hi I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and I am not receiving all message sent to me and several that I have sent to others aren't being received.

I have received the double messages when there is weak network signal but this isn't that. Once someone messages me on another app, say FB messenger and I text them then their messages seem to arrive but not the unreceiced messages. Any ideas?

S6 Android : Not receiving SMS

Samsung S6 G920W8

Android v7

Since upgrading o/s to v7 SMS messages are frequently undelivered to me from Rogers, Bell, Telus numbers.

Am able to send most of the time.

I use this phone for work and can no longer trust it.

Have reset, no change.  Have called technical support, they 'reset' my account 17 Oct - no change.  Have opened another ticket with second level support.  They need 72hours to investigate.

Have begun shopping to move both my lines ~200/month, will see which solution arrives first.

Good evening @teadots,

Thank you for your post and welcome in the Rogers Community!

Not receiving all your text messages must cause you some major inconveniences.

We definitely want to help you resolve this. Are you still experiencing the issue at this time?

I would recommend to first of all deactivate VoLTE to see if it helps. 

Also, let us know if you cleared the cache and the data for the messaging app.

Could you also confirm whether you are using the default Android Messaging App?

Have you tried any other troubleshooting measures since you noticed this issue?

If it is not resolved and you've exhausted all avenues in getting this sorted, we would like to open a ticket for investigation. To do so, we will need to gain access to your account.

Please send us a Private Message so we can look into this further.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us @canickian2010.

We certainly would not want you to change service provider because of the technical issues you're experiencing with your text messages.

I would appreciate if you could get in touch with us, so we could escalate this on your behalf.

If you are not familiar with the steps you need to take in order to send us a PM, please click here.

RogersMaude

sim1755
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I have a Galaxy  S7 and been having issues with receiving texts for over 2 weeks. In fact, I contacted Rogers customer service twice since Oct. 16 (I have a case number).

Tech support confirmed during those interactions that this is a known issue with some Samsung users (S7, S8, Note, etc).

I keep getting emails saying the typical: 

"We're sorry to say there's been a delay in fixing this problem. Thank you for your patience as our technical teams work on this.  We will contact you as soon as there's an update available."

This is getting to a point where it's embarrassing. I hear from friends asking why I ignore their texts. Well, you can't ignore something if you can't acknowledge it. Now, I wonder what texts I did not receive.

It's also getting to a point where it's frustrating. I mean, it's now been over 2 weeks, in other words, over half a monthly bill. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that neither Rogers or Samsung will ever compensate for this issue.

I am documenting my interactions with Rogers as I feel this will be helpful should I decide to seek further actions (CRTC maybe?).

If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this, please let me know. 

Thanks,

Hello, @sim1755

Thank you for posting your concern in the Community. I can certainly appreciate your position, not able to receive texts is disruptive. I am wondering if the issue is related to RCS feature.

Which app are you using for the text messaging?

I use Google Messages app for my SMS/MMS messaging and noticed at times I may not receive texts. I believe it's related to Enhanced features(RCS). I haven't noticed any missed texts after I've turned off this feature.

Keep us posted.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

sim1755
I've been here awhile

Hi,

I use Google Messages as well. The RCS feature was never enabled. I just checked to make sure and it's still disabled.

Thanks,

Sim

DrewLazz
I plan to stick around

Any other S8 users having issues with delayed sending/receiving of SMS/MMS texts, and texts simply not being received?  There are posts around a few tech sites about it but I can't find any concrete answers from Samsung.

I've tried a factory reset, and I've tried several different SMS apps including the native Samsung app, Google Messages, and a few third-party apps.

I missed a text from my boss this week and I'm starting to get fed up with this problem.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @DrewLazz

Not with my S8+ but with my 8+ I did. Then again started working and stopped.

Seems to be a issue though.

Thank you for your reply @sim1755!

We would not want you to have to take further measures in order to have this resolved.

I would  appreciate if you could get in touch with us via Private Message, so we could escalate the ticket created, on your behalf.

If you are not familiar with the PM process, please check out this page.

RogersMaude

Gbyceng1
I plan to stick around
Unable to receive text messages from my daughter.

For some time now my wife has not been able to receive any text messages from our daughter. I have checked her phone setting to ensure our daughter has not been accidently blocked and have been in touch with technical support. They had me remove all contact history and information from my wife's phone and had me get my daughter to remove all my wife's I formation from her phone. When this was done, they has us try typing in the number and send a message. This was still unsuccessful. The daughter can receive messages, but is unable to reply. They used to be a way of checking Extreme Texting for possible blocking there, but that's no longer the case. There used to be a code that could be submitted with a blocked number that used to clear the blocking, but I can't remember what it was. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance.

@Gbyceng1 wrote:
Unable to receive text messages from my daughter.

For some time now my wife has not been able to receive any text messages from our daughter. I have checked her phone setting to ensure our daughter has not been accidently blocked and have been in touch with technical support. They had me remove all contact history and information from my wife's phone and had me get my daughter to remove all my wife's I formation from her phone. When this was done, they has us try typing in the number and send a message. This was still unsuccessful. The daughter can receive messages, but is unable to reply. They used to be a way of checking Extreme Texting for possible blocking there, but that's no longer the case. There used to be a code that could be submitted with a blocked number that used to clear the blocking, but I can't remember what it was. Can anyone help with this? Thanks in advance.

@Gbyceng1

What phones are being used? If they're iPhones perhaps someone turned off iMessages? 

Gbyceng1
I plan to stick around
Thanks for the reply, but the wife's phones is a Samsung Galaxy S6.

fibag21
I've been around

Add me to the list. I have this "feature" on my LG G4 too. Reading the post, I turned VolTE off, will see how this solves the problem (or not).

I am having this problem on my samsung s9 plus. Is there an actual solution?