Double / Failed Text Messages

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages-fail to recieve over wi fi

I have registered the problem with Rogers and they have created a ticket, and I call daily. 

Every day the operator tells me technical support is working on it.

Yesterday I finally got smart and wrote a complaint to the CRTC complaints division.

I think the only thing these wireless companies understand is a huge fine for millions of dollars.

They do not care about us as clients, because when we pay out our phone and switch to the only other Canadian wireless service (TELUS) they have recieved a gigantic profit from the phone sale (cost about 60 bucks to make) and they don't have the customer calling every day. They also receive an equal number of customers who are angry at TELUS, which is how I ended up at Rogers. So, just be prepared to spend over a thousand bucks a year switching back and forth between carriers, because none of the cariiers cares one bit about us, there is no one else to go to, it is a monopoly divided by two! Meanwhile, my phone will not receive text messages, but will send. So, everyday, I text that days clients to phone or email but don't text, because Rogers hasn't got the capacity between here and the Philipines to figure out why their crumby program for texting over WiFi won't work on Samsung S7 running NOUGAT . stop.jpg

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MadAsCanBe wrote:

I have registered the problem with Rogers and they have created a ticket, and I call daily. 

Every day the operator tells me technical support is working on it.

Yesterday I finally got smart and wrote a complaint to the CRTC complaints division.

I think the only thing these wireless companies understand is a huge fine for millions of dollars.

They do not care about us as clients, because when we pay out our phone and switch to the only other Canadian wireless service (TELUS) they have recieved a gigantic profit from the phone sale (cost about 60 bucks to make) and they don't have the customer calling every day. They also receive an equal number of customers who are angry at TELUS, which is how I ended up at Rogers. So, just be prepared to spend over a thousand bucks a year switching back and forth between carriers, because none of the cariiers cares one bit about us, there is no one else to go to, it is a monopoly divided by two! Meanwhile, my phone will not receive text messages, but will send. So, everyday, I text that days clients to phone or email but don't text, because Rogers hasn't got the capacity between here and the Philipines to figure out why their crumby program for texting over WiFi won't work on Samsung S7 running NOUGAT . stop.jpg

@MadAsCanBe The carriers aren't making giant profit on the hardware, you can buy the phone direct from the manufacturer to see how much the phone costs without carrier intervention. Also the phone doesn't cost $60 to make, there is hardware, software, R & D, logistics, etc. that all add to the cost of a product. Also there is no need to spend $1000 a year to switch carriers, the best thing is to buy a phone unlocked and outright so you only have to buy the phone once, then you can switch carriers as much as you want! I've had an unlocked iPhone for 3 years and have no contract with Rogers and can switch carriers if I decided to at any time.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I have a fantastic Note4 unlocked from TELUS, but Rogers said the phone is "too old" to run the software for voice and text over internet. I was FORCED to lay out 1000, in January, now of course, the new S8 launches, so Rogers has no interest in fixing the old S7, and won't honour the warranty. By the way, Android has been capable of running voice and text over internet since the NOTE 2, but the carriers have the feature "greyed out" in the menu so the subscriber can't turn it on. They also deduct minutes of your plan, even if you use it over wifi. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@MadAsCanBe

@MadAsCanBe wrote:

I have a fantastic Note4 unlocked from TELUS, but Rogers said the phone is "too old" to run the software for voice and text over internet. I was FORCED to lay out 1000, in January, now of course, the new S8 launches, so Rogers has no interest in fixing the old S7, and won't honour the warranty. By the way, Android has been capable of running voice and text over internet since the NOTE 2, but the carriers have the feature "greyed out" in the menu so the subscriber can't turn it on. They also deduct minutes of your plan, even if you use it over wifi. 

Rogers runs the Network and chooses which models get's VoLTE. Every Carrier does the same thing and only enable features on certain phones that have been tested to be compatible with the network/feature. Why were you "FORCED" to spend $1000???

Personally I wouldn't spend $1000 on a new phone just to get VoLTE, but everyone has there priorities.

Also every carrier will deduct minutes from your plan if you use WiFi calling, however using VOIP like Skype/Whatsapp calls wont use your minutes, but will use your data. The reason they deduct minutes is because you are still going through the Rogers network, and it costs money to keep the network running. 

I know my post sounds harsh, but you can't really blame Rogers or any carrier, they are a business, and provide a service that we choose to pay for. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

It's not VOLTE, it is Voice and Text over my separately subscribed and paid for WiFi, not LTE, which is cellular tower driven.

Here's the good news--The CRTC complaints division has reviewed my 4 page complaint, and has emailed to me that "it has merit". This means Rogers has 15 days to respond to the complaint.

I assume if Rogers fails to respond in a meaningful way, (opposite of anything on this forum) then CRTC probably gives me the Company. 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Double texts being sent have come up again on my Galaxy S7 Edge... Pretty annoying for myself any people receiveing them.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I had 15 repeat messages yesterday. This is likely because the "Text over WiFi" still isn't resolved. When I left the house to go meet a client the ROGER's SERVER had sent the same message repeatedly (Which I had no way of knowing was there, since the receive over WiFi isn't working) until I was in a ROGER's Cellular Tower 4G signal area. After I deleted all but 1, and read it, the Server at ROGER's stopped sending it. I have a complaint in place at the CRTC, but so far no one has attempted to contact me from ROGER's Technical Support, to determine the exact problem; and obviously, going on this forum is beneath their pay grade!

I am convinced the front end people, whom the Companies are vicariously resonsible for, are telling we the customers things that are simply not true. This creates a false expectation, and we lay down about 1000 dollars based on those spoken promises "the service you receive at OUR COMPANY will correct the frustration you are feeling over at COMPANY "B". " 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages

I turned off Volte, and it didn't seem to help any. It is still happening here periodically. It is embarrassing and unprofessional.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm not sure it is Voice and Text over WiFi, since I never have this feature enabled since it requires me to have location services turned on on my S6. And with location turned on I'm lucky to get 8 hours battery life.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ditto here, Wifi text and calling is disabled...

The problem is there for years, it's been reported many times, never had this problem with Bell/Virgin (using the same device) so the problem is on Rogers end and they don't really care since it's been more than 2 years I would say that people are experiencing intermitent problems with this...