cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double / Failed Text Messages

AccordXTC
I'm a reliable contributor

Hello 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edege and am having the issue with getting failed or double text messages. Had the phone since launch with new sim card. I've tried factory reset as well reset on Rogers side of things. They've opened a ticket but wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Not sure if it means anything but I have no issues with calls and get VOLTE as well can switch to roaming when in my basement at home.

Thanks in advance

***Edited Labels***

118 REPLIES 118

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages

kweb
I've been around

Experiencing this with google pixel. Need it fixed, as I use this for work. Not helping look professional. Has this been resolved?

CMR1
I've been around

Anyone else having trouble with their text messages? Mine say failed..meanwhile they're going through..making me double or triple sending messages. Frustrating bc doesnt this reflec on our bills??

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @CMR1

Unfortunately it seems many are having this issue including my self. 😞

CMR1
I've been around
Thanks!! I just hope this doesn't reflec on our bills if so..I hope Rogers will comply with changing our over usuage on texting..or over billing..etc.

Just worried.

Double / Failed Text Messages

tlederer123
I've been around

For the past three or four days I have been getting multiple text messages up to 8 messages from the same person. Very difficult to communicate with business partners. Looked online and it seems to be an issue Coast to Coast and very disappointed that Roger has not fixed this issue in a more expedited manner

Martinomac
I plan to stick around

Disabling VoLTE stopped the duplicate text messages I was receiving.  I can't believe that this issue has still not been addressed.

Want to add my 2 cents that this is happening to me as well as of 4 days ago.

Extremely frustrating. The more of us complain the more serious this will be taken.

S7.

AccordXTC

To everyone having this issue you need to call into Rogers and add yourself to the master case number which is PT00322344. This is issue has nothing to do with the brand of phones we use but the Rogers network. Like I said myself I have been dealing with this since May 9 2016 so I'm coming up to a year mark with no resolve. This happened with my S6 Edge and now on my S7 Edge and soon my S8 Plus I'm sure will have this issue.

Call in add yourself to the master list but don't think you'll have a resolve quick, all we can do is call and complain at this point. I will update this thread once I know more today.

itzallgo0d
I've been here awhile
Yes I've had the same annoying problem the last 4 days. I have 3 phones under my business account and all 3 phones are having this issue. Definitely need a resolve ASAP. I'll request to be added in the growing list (filed case #) of unsatisfied customers!

CSensation
I've been here awhile

Just called technical support.  Appears it's the first message when you call, that people are having issues sending out texts and duplicates.

So it 's identified as a global issue.

Ugh.

hubstuckey
I've been around

I left BELL for this? According to their Sales Dept, Rogers has the most reliable and fastest service in Canada. What a farce! I transfered 4 lines from Bell only to discover that BELL's service is FAR SUPERIOR and I'll be switching back as soon as this contract ends. I won't even care if Bell charges a lot more. I have a S7 Edge and nearly all of my text messages send and receive anywhere from 3 to 5 times, minimum - if they even send or receive at all. Not to mention the dropped calls and awful sound quality. Ill be filing a former complaint with rogers and the CRTC. I urge everybody to do the same. Hopefully the CRTC will force them to cancel the contract because I'm not getting the service I was promised. I'll even go as far as filing a complaint with the Human Rights comission. People file complaints for far less serious issues.  So people, file a complaint with the CRTC and rogers. This has to end.

I've tried turning off volte. Never had a problem with the s5, the problem has to be with a difference in the software. Will follow up tonight at work as this is where my problem occurs.

GJB-JWB
I've been here awhile

I had this problem around a year ago; but then it resurfaced again yesterday. Very frustrating.

I keep getting a fail when trying to send a message, when in fact it does go through and then I end up recieving incomming messages 2-3 times sometime 30 minutes apart.

This is on a Samsung S6.

AccordXTC

@Riddler sorry to say been there done that. Turning off VoLTE will not stop this issue but if anything makes it worse as you will lose video calling, WiFi calling, etc

In a years time I've tried it all even new phones, new sim cards, account reprovisioning, tier 2 support nothing can be done on our end this is with the Rogers network and them working or lack there of to resolve it.

AccordXTC

@GJB-JWB I am also getting the same today and yesterday. It seems they have done something to make things worse. I get the failed text message but the other person gets my text.

I'm just waiting on a call from the office of the president regarding this to see whats going on, soon as I find out I'll be posting an update. Best thing anyone can do is add to the master ticket I posted

TaylorC
I've been around

I'm having the same issue for the last 3 days. Becoming very frustrating. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6

LawChick
I've been around

There seem to be a lot of posts stating the problem, but is Rogers responding?

Samsung S7.  Messages being sent and received over and over and over.  Needs to stop!

Rogers?  You listening??

Rogers, are you neglecting to address a huge issue? 

This will jeopardize a large number of customer Samsung purchases in your future - if not dealt with.

@RogersMaude wrote:

Some customers have reported experiencing issues sending texts or receiving duplicates.

We are actively working at resolving this problem and service will be restored as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

We are always very greatful when you take the time to bring issues up to our attention.

I am confident that it will be rectified shortly.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and thank you for understanding.

RogersMaude

Hi Community! 

As @RogersMaude previously mentioned we are aware of this issue and we are working towards a resolution as I type this. We will update the community when we have more information to share.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Double / Failed Text

CMR1
I've been around

Forever dealing with bad failed messages and recieving triple messages back.

Ok Rogers...my cell phone is getting horrible to deal with..i got a message that was from an hour ago from being sent 3 times!!!. Is this because rogers is using the mts towers that are now bell??? Come on reboot already.

Re: Double / Failed Text

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@CMR1What phone are you using? a Samsung? When I had my Samsung S6 I had this issue all the time, very annoying.