cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double / Failed Text Messages

AccordXTC
I'm a reliable contributor

Hello 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edege and am having the issue with getting failed or double text messages. Had the phone since launch with new sim card. I've tried factory reset as well reset on Rogers side of things. They've opened a ticket but wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Not sure if it means anything but I have no issues with calls and get VOLTE as well can switch to roaming when in my basement at home.

Thanks in advance

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Double / Failed Text Messages

Good evening @4ler & @Rawd,

Welcome to the Forums & Thank you for your posts!

Some customers have reported experiencing issues sending texts or receiving duplicates.

We are actively working at resolving this problem and service will be restored as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

We actually greatly appreciate the feedback @CoOlSlY.

We are always very greatful when you take the time to bring issues up to our attention.

I am confident that it will be rectified shortly.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and thank you for understanding.

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

118 REPLIES 118

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @AccordXTC

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Have you tried turning off your VoLTE on your device?

Let us know if that helps.

@RogersPrasana

I have the same issue sometimes too, however I have an iPhone. I notice this more when I'm in a weak coverage area, and the phone is switching from LTE\3G\EDGE

I'm taking a guess the issue is the network doesn't acknowledge the message was delivered and sends the message twice: once on 3G, one on LTE as an example.

GibMcFragger
I get it occasionally also on my S7E. It only happens is coverage is spotty for either myself, or the sending/receiving party.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @AccordXTC

Its only happening when there is weak coverage and the device doesn't get many bars. It's happened to me many times with every device when not in a clear Rogers view per say.

So far on my S7 edge no issues like this but I'm in Toronto / Scarborough so I get a good signal

AccordXTC

It's odd because this has happened regardless of signal coverage. 1 bar all the way to full bars nor does the person sending it from has or carrier too. I have tried with no VOLTE and when I had this issue had to escaliate the matter to the office of the president to see any resolve to the matter.

Just was trying to avoid making the long painful journey calling back and going this route.

it's been happening a lot for me lately, and even with decent coverage and not switching between EDGE/3G/LTE. Hopefully Rogers fixes this, as it's very annoying

GibMcFragger
I have actually had it happen quite a bit lately.

ma13
I've been around
This is happening with mine a lot. I will get some messages 4 or even 5 times. I live in Jasper, Alberta, so I could see it being related to switching between towers or something.

It does it even with roaming turned completely off.

PizzaBear
I plan to stick around

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask.. none of you guys are registered with Rogers One Number by any chance right? Just wanted to see if that has any relationship with the duplicate text messages.

AccordXTC
Not on my account don't use one number. Also if you use one number you won't be able to use VoLTE

tuftswireless
I've been here awhile
It happens multiple times a day. It's really annoying. I have a S7 Edge. Doesn't matter if I'm on Wifi/LTE/4G/EDGE or signal strength

Why would a customer have to turn off a phone feature? How about Rogers fixes the network issue. That's the problem......

Im really doubtful that Rogers will fix this issue... what version of android are people using? because I dont think I had this problem till Rogers released android 5.1.1 for my Galaxy S6 with Volte enabled ..then they tried to fix the problem weeks or months later with another update with no luck..now I have android 6.0.1 and still getting the same problem..

enigma4321
I plan to stick around
Guys I've had a ticket for exactly this issue since end of March. It IS because of VoLTE. Rogers needs to fix this issue. But I don't care because I turn off the VoLTE and it's fine. And once it is fixed, I will be getting a Massive credit for months of a service that hasn't been working. I get monthly automated calls saying they are working on it which is evidently BS. Anyways turn off your HD voice (iPhone) or VoLTE on samsung devices and the issue will be 98% gone!

Keithsgirl
I've been around
Im having double messages sent from my phone. Help!

AccordXTC

Call into Rogers @Keithsgirl and get your name added to the master list. You'll see from the past posts that this hasn't been resolved. Only thing is to get added to the list and wait forever

CoOlSlY
I plan to stick around

Add me to the list. I was with another cell phone provider and I never had any problems but now with Rogers, contacts OFTEN report they are receiving my SMS twice... I'm "new" to Rogers but for the past two months, been more than a nightmare ride with Rogers for every problem...

I made a factory reset yesterday but having the same problem... Nobody have any ideas?

shoey75
I've been around
I also get this problem regardless of recipient and people in text to say they also get duplicate messages from me I'm going for to see if they are also Roger's customers. This is really annoying.

Martinomac
I plan to stick around

I solved my double text/sms issue by disabling VoLTE.   This prevented others from seeing my double texts but if someone has it enabled, you may see their double texts.  Until Rogers solves the issue with VoLTE, you may get it from other users.

CoOlSlY
I plan to stick around

Disabling VOLTE solved my problem indeed... I read a bit on VoLTE, not a necessity so i'm good with having it disabled until Rogers solve this problem (that seems to be there for quite a while!)