cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade up quote of $0 on a 2yrs old Moto Edge+ just off contract

Craig70
I've been here awhile
Not much has changed. Now 2023, I have 2 Motorola Edge Plus phones I got with my contract November 2020 just as it was ending and minimal cost to pay off the phones I had. Almost $2600 for the 2 Motorola's. Trade-up quote I just had was $0!!! Both are on mint condition, charge fast, hold a charge for a few days of use and still work perfectly. These are the flagship Motorola's still. I received an email from Motorola today offering me $400 off a 2023 Edge Plus for a total price of $499.00 CDN. I followed the link in the e-mail to Rogers to check on upgrading. The price on the MyRogers app it redirected me to log in on is $1400!!! I've been with Rogers about 20yrs with the latest, greatest phones from Motorola the whole time including the first Moto Quench Android available in Canada. Maybe if someone wants to contact me and offer me an amazing deal that no one would believe if I told them swearing on a Bible including the $400 coupon Motorola offered me, and before I pay out the bill I just got I'll consider getting 2 new Edge Plus phones with a new contract. Customer loyalty deserves some appreciation and gratitude. I'll stick with what I have if I don't get an offer that doesn't make me feel like a 5yr old on Christmas morning.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Trade up quote of $0 on a 2yrs old Moto Edge+ just off contract

RogersMaude

Good day @Craig70,

Thank you for posting to the Community! I understand your concern in making sure you get the best bang for your buck and I can imagine your frustration when realizing there was no trade-in offer for your particular type of phone.

Keep in mind that you can sell your well functioning devices on third-party small ads website or Marketplace, for example. This would allow you to get more for your Motorola Edge Plus phones in mint condition.

Keep an eye on your MyRogers online profile for exclusive offers pertaining to cellphone upgrades and promotions. Please let us know if you need further assistance with regards to your device change; we'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks!

RogersMaude

Re: Trade up quote of $0 on a 2yrs old Moto Edge+ just off contract

Craig70
I've been here awhile

I've considered dropping Rogers altogether recently after almost 20yrs a customer and unlocking my phone's to go with the phone data plan Google is offering as it as good and cheaper than what I'm paying with Rogers with my phone's I own outright now. Currently I pay $179.00 for 50G high speed unlimited shared data, unlimited Canadian text and calls. Google Fi is $55 each phone for unlimited high speed data, unlimited North America calls and texts. Unless Rogers can compete and show customer gratitude for their loyalty I'm one customer that they will likely lose.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation