cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers account canceled unexpectedly

lcousins
I've been around

I had recently called to ASK about moving procedures (not to schedule a move) and the representative I spoke to told me to call back closer to the move date. A few weeks a later, I receive my bill and it has an extra $80, so I called to ask why it was so much more than normal. The person I reached told me that my account had been completely canceled and the $80 was the charge for the remaining time on the account. I hadn't even told them about my new address in order for them to set up a new account somewhere else. The cancelation date was also very strange and nothing I ever authorized. It's been a disaster trying to sort this out. My account was essentially re-set up but now my bills are all over the place and it's really hard to keep track of what I'm even paying for. I'm extremely unimpressed and ready to switch the Bell. 

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rogers account canceled unexpectedly

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sounds like maybe the person who was looking up stuff for you, like had to click something to see a date/charge.. but then never un clicked it before saving sort of thing 😞
HOPEFULLY was just a mistake from that user sort of thing.  (I mean, they have nothing to gain by randomly canceling accounts)

Truthfully, any/all the companies can be horrible to deal with billing wise sometimes with things like this.
Twice personally when I had bell i had major issues with their billing dept with mixups, and at work we had one go on for almost 2 years.  (like they couldnt find anyone in the whole company who was able to fix it).
All of them unfortunately can have billing problems 😞

Gsr6
I've been here awhile

So to keep it short when I signed up for Rogers I was giving two modems one that got sent with the service tech and one that got mailed to me, informed Rogers of this (my first mistake) to which they wanted me to mail the second one back, no problem but with Ontario being in lockdown that wasn’t my priority and was informed that’s ok just get it back when you can, we’ll that was lie number one from Rogers, then randomly my internet and cable services are cancelled by the “fraud” team because of the second modem being “lost” like no you messed up, anyways after being on the phone for over 16 hours and 3 days of waiting I finally got internet back and was ensured that will never happen again…. Well guess what just happened again! The exact same thing account cancelled with no reasons given and no warning, I’ve now spent multiple hours and 2 more days to just keep getting the answer of our back team is working on it, well i don’t think they actually are because on the first day (Wednesday) of calling it was left at it will need to go to the back team and that can take “up to 24 hours”. Skip to to 9:00 am the second day of calling (Thursday) I get an automated call saying my case has been opened and being working on currently and service should be restored in the next few hours and Rogers would call again confirming that, then waited until 3:00pm and no phone calls, I then called back just to find out all my cases have been closed and no one is actually working on it. I was then told my case is being escalated to the top and I should receive and a call within a few hours but was guaranteed that it would be that today(Thursday) I’d get a call back. That was the 2nd or 3rd lie I’ve been told to try and appease me. Well a few more hours pass till 9:00 pm and I call back again probably my 10th time of calling and being transferred around because the automated system isn’t built to deal with any of this (another major problem at Rogers), anyways this last phone call I was informed that my case is being worked on yet that department is gone home for the day so the 3rd lie right there how is my account being worked on if no one is there to work on it!!!!! And then was told this will take up to 48 hours to solve what I already gave you the first 24 plus hours to figure it out after I already did half the work for them, like if I were told from the get go this could take up to 4 days to figure out then I would of said don’t bother BELL could of been in here and got me new internet in that time this whole thing has been just insane and completely unacceptable like at this point even if they call me in the next ten minutes I’m just gonna tell them to keep it cancelled and I will never use another Rogers service again in my life

Gsr6
I've been here awhile
Sounds like you didn’t read all of what I said in my first post this has nothing to do with billing or there department it’s Rogers fraud department not liking that Rogers sent me two modems from the get go and one hasn’t been returned yet because of this whole pandemic thing we’ve been going through and not knowing how to deal with this so they pass the buck until the day is over I just spent all day on the phone with them again just to be told I would have to wait another 24 hours, it’s been 3 days since I first called I have now been just straight up lied to get me off the phone with them as I stated, they like to hit me with the oh it’s been sent to the back team right around 5 o clock just when thy knock off for the day leaving my case to left open then immediately closed the following morning

Gsr6
I've been here awhile
That’s sounds like a nightmare to I’m 100% switching to bell after this experience this is the second time this has happened in less that 30 days for me the most frustrating part is it an automated system that they have given more power than any regular employee and that system has now left me with out internet for 3 days just to be told it might take another 24hrs like get your lies in a row here Rogers
Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation