cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Galaxy Watch LTE plan does not work

KTfN7yIj
I plan to stick around

I have had multiple interaction with Rogers Retail Store and Technical support(including manager escalation) but after 6 visit to the store and 5 phone call with technical support it is not resolved. Both of them are just passing the ball to each other and not taking any ownership to resolve the issue.

There was a point when one of the store rep told me that they are just point of sale and not technical support so there is not need to come to the store as we need to sell here and not help customer with their issue

***Added Labels***

61 REPLIES 61

Re: Rogers Galaxy Watch LTE plan does not work

Peete22
I plan to stick around

Were they able to get your watch hooked up using LTE?

Please let me know if there is any change in LTE network connection for smartwatch. Thanks!

Peete22
I plan to stick around

I guess that's a no lol.  Oh Rogers when are you going to get your stuff together.

Too bad. I want my watch to work in full functionality. If Rogers does not solve this problem in the near future. I will be forced to switch to another mobile operator. Just for the sake of my watch to work the way I want.

Sacha1735
I plan to stick around
Me too. I was actually lookin into bell this weekend, and their prices are in fact better too... that is including the extra for the watch.
So I think I'm going to move over to bell this week. I have been a rogers customer for.over 20 years and it was never bad as it is now, they got so bad with their services and customer service and no one seems to know anything, the only thing they know is to take your money and charge more and more

I'm also looking towards Bell.

gqtrebor
I plan to stick around

And still not working.... i don't know why tech support keeps talking about my old apple watch, has nothing to do with any apple products... so frustrating. i have told the same story at least 16 times now to your tech support. and on top of it they closed my case as resolved. such awesome tech support...

gqtrebor
I plan to stick around

nope they keep talking about my old apple watch . i have said Samsung ultra watch like 16 times. and they still cant get it straight.

gqtrebor
I plan to stick around

Oh now Tech support is go back to the store. lol this is kinda comical. Lets keep pushing me back in forth from store to tech support. and no one wants to just hook the two numbers together apparently its too much work and no one wants to do it. But im getting charged late fee for a brand new device that dosnt work properly.

gqtrebor
I plan to stick around

I'd rather be told it dos not work right now and we are going to work on it. but instead lets play the blames game on the store and on tech support. Brutal.

gqtrebor
I plan to stick around

Tech support got back to me and said only the store can do this pairing, back to passing the buck back and forth.... how is it rogers can't fix their own system? boggles my mind.

KTfN7yIj
I plan to stick around

I guess you did not read my first comment. Thats what they do to pass between store and tech support and do nothing to help you. Good luck.

Peete22
I plan to stick around

I think you should either give up on LTE with Rogers  or switch to another provider.  I went to a store to return my galaxy ultra because 2 stores and tech support could not fix it.  When I went to the store to return the employee had just spent 3 hours trying to set up the same watch with no luck, guy left with nothing.  She told me they always have problems with Samsung watches.  You are going to drive yourself crazy and it's not worth it IMO.

gqtrebor
I plan to stick around

I know what you mean, i was at the store at least 4 times for hours. pretty sad, customer of 17 years and all i get is " i understand" but apparently they dont. and keep asking about my apple watch. which is not my Samsung. they don't even listen. brutal.

Peete22
I plan to stick around

Worst company ever.  So glad I gave up long ago this company is not worth the hassle.

Peete22
I plan to stick around

I just ordered the galaxy watch ultra from bell with an LTE package, will let you know how it works should be here on Monday. I don't have any other services with Bell because we don't have bell fibre in my city so we are forced to use Rogers for fast internet and cable.  Don't want bell satellite.

wineng
I've been here awhile
After many calls to tech support and speaking with the location I got the watch from, I was finally able to get the lte working on my Samsung watch 7. I read a couple of other forums that deleting and readding the line on the account worked. So this is what I did. Once the watch line was deleted and added back to my account by Rogers, I went to the Rogers App and activated a new esim for the watch. Added the esim using the Wear app and it works now. Data and the phone (different phone number) works without my phone. Hope this works for others.

gqtrebor
I plan to stick around

Did you go into the store to do this? Or just called rogers? Cause on my rogers you can go change you're phone number. Please elaborate on the process. 

wineng
I've been here awhile

So, I have an update. Unfortunately when I got up this morning, the watch can not longer connect to the Rogers Mobile network. At some point last night, it seems it got kicked off their network. Anyways, this was the steps that was able to get the Samsung Watch 7 to work for one night. 

• The Rogers store that I got my phone and watch from cancelled the watch line (I got an email to say it was cancelled) and they added it back as a completely new line (activation date showed as yesterday and I got the email welcoming me to Rogers). I did not have to go into the store as I was communicating with the Rogers rep by email and phone.
  • I was reading that Apple watched had to get their esim from the Rogers App, so I tried the same. Opened the rogers app and went to the watch line, clicked on the 'Activate esim' option and then generated a qr code for the esim. 
  • Went to the Wear app and added a mobile plan to the watch. scanned the qr code and the mobile plan was added.
  • Shortly after, the lte plan worked on the watch and it showed 'Rogers' at the bottom and lte at the top. I was able to make calls using the phone number registered to the watch and access data without wifi or phone. 

I will update if Rogers can figure out why the watch got kicked off the network. 

KTfN7yIj
I plan to stick around

That is true possibly but the Store and Tech support do not want to cancel your watch line as there is financing associated to it. Which is why the circle of go to Store/TechSupport/Financing is the issue as they are all independent department and all cannot work together to solve your issue.

Topic Stats