cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning a phone (not Upfront Edge) by mail

rogque
I'm here a lot

I did an upgrade online with live chat. Small business account if that matters. It's been less than 30 days and I want to return it. I called the specific number for phone returns 1-877-224-9832, explained I wanted to return it, and he said ok. He did a few things and then I got an email with instructions on "how to return your rental equipment". Both the email and page it linked to said nothing about phones. Only internet modems and TV boxes... not smartphones. I was still on the line with the guy and mentioned this, but he said it's fine and it works.

But after getting off the phone I was still a bit skeptical. And I found a completely separate Rogers.com page for returning phones and the process mentioned Purolator. But still not complete info such as whether they'd give me a specific label or code. This is compared to the email I got containing a link about returning modems & TV boxes which used Canada Post.

I don't want to send a $1,100 phone back the incorrect way, despite it being the way the Rogers rep confidently told me would be fine. Was the rep incorrect? I used to work for Rogers but only in-store, so I only know the return procedure as it relates to in-store. But something seems off here and I don't want to send it back incorrectly, to the wrong warehouse, etc.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Returning a phone (not Upfront Edge) by mail

On my 3rd phone call, albeit another 30 minutes while the person dealt with error messages & whatnot.. it finally resulted in me receiving the label by email. As expected, it was Purolator. As opposed to the initial guy who tried to advise me to return the $1,000 phone as if it were a modem/TV/rental equipment via Canada Post -- which also would've been a completely different address/warehouse. That would've been a massive headache and perhaps never found or resolved. The fact that rep was so confident I could return it that way when I asked him if he was sure, is quite concerning if he's also telling this to other customers. I'm glad I was still skeptical even after he tried to reassure me it was fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersZia

Hello @rogque,

Welcome to the Community!

You're right, a mobile return label wouldn't typically include info about returning rental equipment. Have you been in touch with our Sales Return team or customer service since you lasted posted here?

Please let us know if you still require assistance.

RogersZia

It was completely incorrect info. The page regarding instructions for rental equipment uses Canada Post and the one for mobile phones (a page which he didn't send me) involves Purolator. And the instructions on the page about returning phones is incomplete since there's no return address mentioned; although presumably because it requires a Rogers rep to create the label for me/the customer.

So I had to call back in again (yes, the sales return department) and I spoke with a lady who was helpful, however, it took 30-40 minutes in total (not wait-time.. the actual call). She filled something out which involved me receiving a Purolator return label within 24 hours. However, it's been 48 hours and I still haven't received an email whether it's my regular inbox or spam folder. I'm now at the point where I have to contact someone a 3rd time just to return it.

I can imagine how frustrating this experience must've been for you. If you still haven't received a return label please contact us via PM @CommunityHelps for further assistance.  You can learn more about our PM system in this blog. 

RogersZia

On my 3rd phone call, albeit another 30 minutes while the person dealt with error messages & whatnot.. it finally resulted in me receiving the label by email. As expected, it was Purolator. As opposed to the initial guy who tried to advise me to return the $1,000 phone as if it were a modem/TV/rental equipment via Canada Post -- which also would've been a completely different address/warehouse. That would've been a massive headache and perhaps never found or resolved. The fact that rep was so confident I could return it that way when I asked him if he was sure, is quite concerning if he's also telling this to other customers. I'm glad I was still skeptical even after he tried to reassure me it was fine.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation