cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Issue: Rogers adding Super Sports Pak to Ignite TV Unrequested

dixdean
I've been here awhile

Over the past year or so, Rogers has been continually adding the Super Sports Pak to my Ignite TV account, even though I have never requested it. Each time this has occurred, the first information I received was an email "confirming" changes to my services agreement. Also, each time, it has been extremely difficult for me to have it removed. Self serve removal does not work. Contacting an agent has been problematical, as I have been told (by various agents) that it was removed (when it was not), that it could not be removed because of technical issuse contacting the office responsible, and that it was "locked in" for a term of 4 months and the current agent could not remove it. Eventually, I escalated it to management who took 3 hours to remove it, after which, it showed up again the following week so that I had to call management again, to have it removed again. I was told at the time that a flag would be put on my account so that nothing would be added in the future, without direct confirmation from me. Now I have received another email, stating that the Super Sports Pak has been added - again. If Rogers can't resolve this issue, then it indicates to me that they do not have adequate control over their own system. Although I have been a loyal customer for decades, I am seriously considered removing all my account packages from Rogers at the earliest opportunity.

**Labels Added**

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Recurring Issue: Rogers adding Super Sports Pak to Ignite TV Unrequested

mebe
I'm an advisor

I'm shocked it's taking this long to fix!

Even though there is a 4-month min. term for that package, when I had technical issues with it about 2 years ago (while on Legacy digital TV), Rogers was able to cancel it for me, about 2 months early (billing referred me to a manager).

Perhaps it's tougher to get it cancelled early while on IgniteTV, but since I paid for the time I watched it, the billng system accepted my reduced payment and immediately cancelled the theme pack without any penalty fee.

To get your problem solved, Rogers might have to first charge you for a few days of pro-rated service, BEFORE cancelling it. Then, once it's successfully cancelled, Rogers can credit you that small amount on your next bill (as creative bookkeeping adjustment, etc.).

If necessary, you can always escalate this problem to the Office of the President.

dixdean
I've been here awhile

Last August I thought it *had* been fixed. What I don't understand is where this request is coming from, and how Rogers can make a change without confirming with me first!  This is very poor security practice. There is a "Confirmation" number on the notification email. Surely Rogers should be able to use this to trace the origin of the request. 

How do I contact the Office of the President to escalate this? The Terms of Agreement keep mentioning this, cut do not provide contact information.

mebe
I'm an advisor

I assume that the billing system thinks that you ordered the theme pack, and that conf. # is linked to your account, and simply lets an agent more quickly find that email notification, rather than scrolling through a bunch of other notifications and giving up. Same with ticket numbers you get from the agents.

If the subsequent emails are being generated seperately and NOT tied to the first email order you got, then that would be an even bigger mystery that tech support would probably want to take a look at.

The Office of the President agents have more authority and will get various departments to work with you, or behind the scenes on your behalf to solve the issue.

A manager/supervisor can hook you up with an Office of the President agent, or you can fill out the Share a Concern form ... Scroll down any forums page to Contact Us, then select Resolve Your Concern, then click Resolve Your Concern Now box, to arrive on Share a Concern page (as mentioned at bottom of your bill in Messages section.

dixdean
I've been here awhile

I've already sent a message to Share a Concern, as I did for the last 3 times this occurred. I am now waiting for a reply.

Have you received a response from us as of yet @dixdean?

Please let us know!

Regards,

RogersCorey

ngocsonnt
I've been around
My internet package was included in condo fee so I don’t need to check my bill every month because there is only 4 years old boy uses TV to watch youtube, today my internet was suspended and my bill was charge over 240$. I realized “Super Sports Pak” service was activated on my account for a long time while i didn’t register and didn’t know about it. I really shocked and don’t know what to do now, it’s not a small amount and my child has ASD, he need to watch TV when i do the housework. My old modem worked well until Rogers forced me to change to this one then the worse things happened

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ngocsonnt, it is a misconception that you don't need to check your bill every month.  The truth is, everybody should get in the habit of checking their bills every month.  You should also call and inquire about putting some kind of block or lock on your ignite tv to prevent anyone from ordering any add-on channels or package from the tv remote, so some kind of pin is required to approve of this. I have young kids so I wanted to make sure they do not purchase any channels or movies.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation