cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premier vs. Premier Specialty Pack - What is this?

AL2020
I've been here awhile

I'm currently being charged for these 2 items, Premier is $32.48 and Premier Specialty Pack is $68.00.  I can't seem to find a channel line-up for the Specialty Pack, but when I look on the Premier list, it seems that's exactly all the channels I have, so why am I being billed for this Specialty Pack?  If Rogers renames what they offer, and show it itemized on Billing, then they should be transparent and show these channel line-ups on their website.  Am I overpaying?  Am I not navigating the Rogers website correctly?  Why can't I get a more clear itemized list of what the services that I'm apparently paying for?

***EDITED LABELS***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Premier vs. Premier Specialty Pack - What is this?

RogersMaude

Good evening @AL2020,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thank you for your post.

I understand your desire to ensure you are billed the correct amount on your invoice. The Premier package is $109.99/month and is composed of the Premier and Premier Specialty pack. I can imagine that the reason why it is confusing is because it is broken down that way on your bill. From the information provided, you are not overpaying. There might be other charges or fees in your package and/or you may be getting offers to lower the cost of your service.

We can definitely confirm this for you to give you peace of mind. To start, send a Private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and check your account. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, click here.

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

RogersMaude

Good evening @AL2020,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thank you for your post.

I understand your desire to ensure you are billed the correct amount on your invoice. The Premier package is $109.99/month and is composed of the Premier and Premier Specialty pack. I can imagine that the reason why it is confusing is because it is broken down that way on your bill. From the information provided, you are not overpaying. There might be other charges or fees in your package and/or you may be getting offers to lower the cost of your service.

We can definitely confirm this for you to give you peace of mind. To start, send a Private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and check your account. If you're not familiar with our private messaging system, click here.

RogersMaude

You didn't answer the question that was posed to you. All you said was we are charging you correctly. The question was ,, what channels are different between the two packages. Just another dodge,,

bert123
I've been here awhile

I agree - you did not answer the question.

It is impossible to get a straight answer from Rogers.

On your web site you are pushing IP TV and provide no description of anything else.

Our internet goes out often enough as does our cable TV but often only one at a time meaning we retain access to one service of the two.  Plus everytime the microwave runs, wifi goes stupid which would screw up IP TV - no thanks.

I want to know if I can reduce my TV costs and knowing what in Premier vs Premier Specialty Pack would be useful.

Hello @bert123!

If you wish to know about reducing your TV costs and want to know what's in your package, then you've come to the right place. We would be more than happy to review your bill in detail if the answer above was not sufficient.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps for further assistance. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Why can’t you just answer in this public forum what the two packages cover ie Premier and Premier Specialty? I don’t want to PM you, it should not be any secret that can not be publicly stated in this forum. Your reply in this would be appreciated for your audience.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Helensp wrote:
Why can’t you just answer in this public forum what the two packages cover ie Premier and Premier Specialty? I don’t want to PM you, it should not be any secret that can not be publicly stated in this forum. Your reply in this would be appreciated for your audience.

Not all locations may have the same channels/packages available. Also, not all people would have the same pricing - that would depend on your bundle and ability to negotiate.  That is why this is done via PM (or other direct contact by the customer).

bert123
I've been here awhile

Then for any given subscriber, they could list which channels pertain to which package.  Otherwise there is no need to pretend to partition a customer's purchased selection of channels into two packages.  If you buy bread and milk you can tell how much you paid for each even if you negotiate a price for either or both - you still know what it would cost you to skip the bread of the milk even if the unbundled price of either might be higher potentially negating the negotiated bundle price.

Every car is potentially different due to options.  The buyer can always know how much more an option costs and how much the overall price is reduced if an option is skipped.

This is just obfuscation to hide the actual amounts billed to people.  It lets Rogers change any customer's channel line up arbitrarily.  I like Rogers services in general but this sort of nonsense is why people hate all near-monopolistic organisations like Bell and Rogers.  When a technological alternative becomes possible people will happily leave these companies in droves.

maurice54
I've been around

I have the very same issue.  Regardless of what is included or overlapping in the Premier vs Premier Specialty, the content is horrible these days and not worth watching.  Definitely not worth paying over $100 just for these two.  Including taxes my monthly bills are now over $150.  Rediculous

Herc1
I've been around

I understand most of this EXCEPT FOR

Not all locations may have the same channels/packages available. Also, not all people would have the same pricing - that would depend on your bundle and ability to negotiate.  That is why this is done via PM (or other direct contact by the customer).

Why do I need to negotiate?  Am I buying a home or a car?

I am a longtime customer of Rogers.  Rogers should have for example a Customer Loyalty Tier System 0-3 years (2% reduction), 3-7 years (5% reduction) , 7-12 years (8% reduction), 12 -17 years (11% reduction) , 17-22 years (15% reduction) , 22+ years (20% reduction). 

Rogers could also include Number of Rogers Products as part of a Loyalty Discount.

This way it is fair for everyone.

derstand  

Hello @Herc1!

Welcome to the Community Forums. Congratulations on your First Post 😊.

We certainly appreciate your honest feedback and will be happy to pass it along for review and consideration 😊.

We appreciate your business with Rogers. We will be happy to review your TV package and address any concerns about the current TV package.

Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click  Here

Regards

RogersNiki

Condi
I've been here awhile

First,  when I entered my subject topic, a notification came up saying there were no posts "related to this subject". That is not true. Before signing up for this community forum, I was reading several other posts asking for clarification on this subject, i.e. what is the difference in channel listings between the Premier and Premier Specialty Pack. Three Moderators responded at different times saying the person should contact them privately to address this question. 

So here I am, after being with Rogers for decades, and I want to know what is the difference between the Premier and Premier Specialty packs as there are different charges for both on the monthly Rogers bill. The charges for the Premier Specialty pack are notably higher than the Premier price and I want complete transparency as to what the difference is between the two charges and the channels provided. Friends and family suggest I switch to Bell because Rogers doesn't seem to make affordable pricing with their cable bundles and as a senior, this is far too expensive without clear explanation as to why. I may just cancel these cable services, but I would really like someone to contact me to explain what exactly I'm paying for with these two packages (according to the answer one of your Moderators gave to another community member on this question, the Premier pack includes the Premier Specialty pack??). What gives?

Hello @Condi!

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your first post with us! 🙂 I hope you're staying safe and sound. Thank you for your loyalty and tenure with us! As a consumer myself, I can certainly appreciate some savings as well. 👍 

The Premier package consists of both the Premier and Premier Specialty pack. It is broken down into two parts to depict the value of them each respectively. With that said, we can absolutely have a gander to see what we can do in terms of making things more cost-effective for you as well as confirm the channels that are inclusive in your current package. 

Feel free to send us a PM via @CommunityHelps and we can certainly take a look into this for you. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

RogersJo 

Condi
I've been here awhile
You are basically repeating what I have already stated I know: that the Premier Specialty pack is included with the Premier pack. What you are not answering is my specific question - what are the differences in the channels including the two packages? Explain the value of the Premier at $32 and the Premier Specialty at $68? Tell me specifically what I am paying for in EACH package??!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Condi wrote:
What you are not answering is my specific question - what are the differences in the channels including the two packages? Explain the value of the Premier at $32 and the Premier Specialty at $68? Tell me specifically what I am paying for in EACH package??!

@CommunityHelps  will have to confirm but I think that this is just a quirk of how Premier is set up (for some?) in the Rogers billing system.  It doesn't really matter what channels are in Premier vs Premier Specialty because I don't think that they can be separated.

Fawkes711
I've been here awhile

I am in same situation, I am paying $280 for Ignite 150 + TV PremierPackage + Home Phone. 

Rogers does not provide channel listing and service guarantee.   After many services call, Rogers response is that they are not responsible for wi-fi connection using the  rental Modem/Router.  This is ridiculous, Rogers is not helping but taking advantage of people who needs internet to work from home during COVID19.  

In the past, Rogers have many promotion for NEW customer, but not providing promotion to retain their customer.  

I have been Rogers clients for many years, now I see the end of my relationship with Rogers. 

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around
Why not log into your account and move over to the ignite and save $100.00 a month?!?!?! Why are you staying with the package you have? Makes no sense to me and you can see all the channels that come with each package right on their website

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Fawkes711 wrote:

I am in same situation, I am paying $280 for Ignite 150 + TV PremierPackage + Home Phone. 

Rogers does not provide channel listing and service guarantee.

The original post in this thread was regarding Digital TV.  If you would like to get a channel listing for Ignite Premier, send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps  and request one.  (They will ask for your address/Postal Code and should be able to send you a channel listing for your area in PDF format.)  Otherwise, you can also obtain a listing of your subscribed channels by either logging into MyRogers (and looking at your subscribed channels and Flex channels) or by going to https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/channels

As for a service guarantee, you won't get one.  Rogers will not commit to any service levels beyond what is documented in the terms and conditions for their services, which are also subject to change: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support-terms

After many services call, Rogers response is that they are not responsible for wi-fi connection using the  rental Modem/Router.  This is ridiculous, Rogers is not helping but taking advantage of people who needs internet to work from home during COVID19.  

What specific problems are you experiencing with Ignite TV and Ignite Internet, and the WiFi aspects of your service?  If you are experiencing problems with WiFi coverage, did Rogers provide you with Ignite WiFi Pods?

Fawkes711
I've been here awhile
Thanks. We will check it out.

barb65
I've been around

like what you said I'm being charged for both as well have you got any answers for why.

francisd
I've been around

what am I getting with the Premier Specialty pack?

Topic Stats