cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more 12 month promos?

widdifielddlc
I've been here awhile

I was shocked to find out today that Rogers doesn't have 12 month promos like they advertise. My 12 month promo was to expire on April 30/22 and my Rogers bill came and my price had gone way up. I had already talked to Rogers and made arrangements for my new promo for the next 12 months to kick in at the end of my current promo. My new Rogers bill was good until the end of April and I had to pay by April 27/22 so I called to find out why my current bill was way up since my promo was still good until April 30/22 and my new billing was to start April 30/22. That is when I was told that their promos are only good for 11 months and the 12 month gets pro rated and I lose a good portion of my promo pricing. Is this even legal when they clearly state 12 months and nothing about pro rating in the 12 month? Where can I report this practise to see if they can do this and if not how do I get my money back?

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: No more 12 month promos?

RogersTony

Hello, @widdifielddlc

Thank you for posting your concerns to the community.

We'll need to take a closer look at your account to see what happened during the final month of your promotion. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

NancyFannin
I plan to stick around

Hi all,

I had a chat today with a rogers employee hoping to bring down my bill a bit. The girl on the phone was nice about it and helped me pick a cheaper deal (went down to flex ignite bundle with the cheapest internet option), but first I had asked about promos and she said there aren't any...This seems to be the standard now (have heard from multiple friends that the agents always say nothing is available) and I'm just wondering if it's a sales tactic or legit. Not that employees are lying but that they're told not to offer anything unless the customer threatens to cancel or something. Do any rogers employees want to confirm? Just curious, will probably be going thru this again on my parents' behalf as well soon. I don't like making a fuss on the phone especially when i work in retail too and understand how annoying it is when customers don't take no for an answer.

I'm totally okay with no promos and don't want to complain (i mean, I have a job, I understand tv is a luxury not a necessity) but if there's a way around this it would be super helpful. I'd rather be on a better plan with a decent promo for a yr (even if it ended up being a few bux more overall). I always remember calling in before and being offered promos all the time.

NancyFannin
I plan to stick around

Try calling again. I had a promo which expired at the end of August. I called a few times leading up to the date and was not able to get anything but the standard offer. I don't know if I got lucky a few days before my promo expired, but I was offered an ignite 150 with popular TV and an extra ignite TV box for 135 taxes included. I didn't even have to threaten to cancel... Offer was given on Aug 30, 2020. Of course YMMV. MyInsite Macys

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation