Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misleading text promotion about data

BrendanMTL
I'm here a lot

I received a text message from Rogers about a promotion, it looked like this:

IMG_F454B0D78E0A-1.jpeg

When I logged in, the only promotion I could see was for going to a share everything plan. Those are not the same thing at all. Why send a text message about free data if it's not actually the case? I have actually been a customer since 2008 so perhaps I was naive to think that I was actually maybe a getting deal. 

Perhaps I am wrong but if someone can point me in the right direction or indicate how that text message means I should be going to a share everything plan, please explain. 

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Misleading text promotion about data

Good afternoon,

Thanks for all for your posts!

We appreciate you took the time to let us know @sun2ray. As per RogersZia's post above, in some cases the bonus offers are added automatically while in others, you may have to accept the offer through your MyRogers online profile.

To make sure, we can always verify your account to see the details of the offer on file. For further assistance, please reach out to us by sending a private message @CommunityHelps. Click here to learn how our private messaging system works.

Thank you so much!

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Babylegs1
I plan to stick around
I got the same last month and accepted it

How did you accept it? I didn’t see a way to get the 10g free added to my plan.

Hello @BrendanMTL,

Welcome to the Community!

This looks like a targeted offer for a specific account type. Are you currently on a Share Everything plan? That could be why you may be seeing Share Everything offer(s) in your MyRogers. Sometimes bonus offers are added to the account and sometimes you have to accept the offer within your MyRogers. 

If you'd like, we can verify the details of the offer for you. In order to do so, we would need to access your account. Please reach out to us via private message for further assistance. Click here to learn how our private messaging system works :).

RogersZia

bushmecca
I've been around

Here is what happened to me:

On Wednesday I received the following text message from Rogers (4735 number):

"Rogers svc msg: Here's an exclusive gift 🎁 for being a loyal Rogers customer. We've added 10GB of free monthly data to your account 🙌. No need to do anything-the bonus data has already been added to your account! Simply sign in to your MyRogers account at https://roge.rs/signin and you'll see the data bonus on your bill (look for "Bonus: 10GB per month"). Thank you for choosing Rogers!"

When I logged into MyRogers account, it did not show the extra 10 GB of data on my account but both my lines had an offer for 10 GB of free data for 999 months. It seemed odd that there was an offer that I had to accept as the text message said there was nothing I needed to do, the additional data was already added. I accepted the offer anyway for both lines but the data still did not appear on my account.

I called customer service the next day to ask them about it, and the rep confirmed I did not have the 10GB of data and also mentioned that there was no record on my account of me ever getting the text message offering it to me.

This morning I received the following message from Rogers:

"Rogers svc msg: We offered you 10GB of free monthly data as a thank you for being a loyal Rogers customer and we meant it. You may not have seen the offer when you signed in to your MyRogers account and for that we apologize. The error has now been fixed and the free data bonus has been applied to your account. No need to do anything-the bonus data will be renewed every month for free! Thank you for choosing Rogers!"

Still nothing appeared on MyRogers and there is no new offer. I called customer service again to see what is going on. Again the rep confirmed that I did not have the additional data and did not see the offer being available for my account.

Both messages clearly stated that there is nothing I needed to do, the 10 GB of data would just be automatically added to my account each month. I asked the rep what would have happened had I not called and just assumed, as the messages stated, I had the data and I used it, the reply was that I would get data overage charges.

The rep offered to transfer me to the customer retention line to see what is going on but after being on hold for 10-15 minutes, the call ended.

At this point I sent a message to Rogers via Facebook to try to find out what is going on with the text messages and the 10GB of additional data.

The rep via Facebook was able to confirm that Rogers did send me both text messages and that the data was not added to my account. Unfortunately since this was a bonus offer she could not add the 10GB of data to my account. She has created a ticket to escalate the issue so their offline team can address it and I should here back in 2-5 business days. In the meantime, she added 3GB of data to my account for the next 3 months (Which I can see on MyRogers 🙂 ).

sun2ray
I've been here awhile
The same happened to me and my friends but no free data added.
What is going on Rogers??

Wow that's a lot of work for what's supposed to be a promotion. I honestly that it was a scam at first so I was hesitant to click the link but then I could see it really came from Rogers. 

Good afternoon,

Thanks for all for your posts!

We appreciate you took the time to let us know @sun2ray. As per RogersZia's post above, in some cases the bonus offers are added automatically while in others, you may have to accept the offer through your MyRogers online profile.

To make sure, we can always verify your account to see the details of the offer on file. For further assistance, please reach out to us by sending a private message @CommunityHelps. Click here to learn how our private messaging system works.

Thank you so much!

RogersMaude

sun2ray
I've been here awhile

Recently I got text from Rogers that they have added 10 GB of data to my plan at no charge for being Rogers customer for close to 30 years. I was told there was nothing I need to do; the data will be added automatically to my bill. I don't see anything additional data as promised.  Is this a scam or is it real?

sun2ray
I've been here awhile

Thank you Rogers for the additional data. It is not a scam after all! You kept your promise for free 10 GB data added to my plan.

Guys out there. This is not a scam; Rogers actually added the data as promised.  Very grateful for the gesture! Will continue with Rogers for the next 30 years.

I don’t know about 30 years but I also got the data added to my plan after discussing it in private with the social media rep Zia.

Ivan_Cai
I've been around

Hello, I know this question has already been resolved, but I received a similar message but with a different link. I'm not sure if you have had any repercussions from proceeding with this link, but from the image, I can see that the website URL is roge.rs which I believe is not the official rogers website (it might be a scam). my link was rogers.com/signin so I trusted it. However, I may have redeemed it incorrectly last month so it hasn't applied to my account. Looking around to see if others have received this offer or have actually been able to claim it. I cannot confirm whether this message is a scam or actually from rogers. If anyone can share any insight that would be greatly appreciated.IMG_5B2E82E8D8D9-1.jpeg

Hello, @Ivan_Cai

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for posting your concern. We'll need to take a look at your account to see what offers you'd be eligible for. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your information and get started. 

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here

RogersTony

shashi16108
I've been around

HI,

I also rec'd a text message from Rogers giving free 10gb data for 2 years.I chatted with them today and they said Rogers did give it for free.

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 9 in conversation