cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MasterCard Promotion

Micbeau
I'm here a lot

I switched to Rogers this July (2020). Rogers had a promotion on, where I would get a $150 MasterCard Gift card, part of there promotion. Installation was done on August 5th, 2020. I received my "Please register for Promotion" on August 15th. I registered for my gift card the same day. I even received a notice that I had registered and that my gift card would be e-mailed to me from HelloWorld within 6weeks of the installation. We are now Oct-22, 2020 and I've not yet received the gift card. I've reached out 3 times to CustomerCare at HelloWorld. First time they acknowledge that I had a registration for the $150 gift card with them. Second time they apologized for this taking so long. 3rd time - I've not heard back... Has anyone received their $150 MasterCard gift card or is it just me??

***Edited Labels***

96 REPLIES 96

Re: MasterCard Promotion

CatherineOttawa
I plan to stick around

Hello all!

Here is the final update for 2020 on the gift card promotion.  I filed a complaint with the federal dispute resolution authority and received a reply stating that the complaint was suitable for the resolution procedure.  In my complaint, I explained that I had received a $150 gift card for Amazon, but had been promised at $150 Walmart card and a $50 Mastercard gift card.  I also explained that I was happy to accept the Amazon card in place of the Walmart one, but the Mastercard gift card was still outstanding.

I received a call from Rogers and we agreed to a credit on my Rogers account in place of the gift card.  The credit was for more than the gift card which is helpful to me since have several Rogers services.  The representative was very friendly and the resolution was quick.

I am happy with the resolution to the issue.  Making peace with Rogers may be the best thing that happened in 2020 - even if it did take until the very last day.

Good luck to you all!

My question is, I got got Rogers ignite internet and cable recently and I was promised a 250 MasterCard from Rogers that was included in the package however I never received it yet Or I have not received any indication on how to receive it or get it

Ruthied
I've been here awhile
Me too. 3 calls lots of runaround from them and no card yet

Hey @Micbeau and @Ruthied!  

Sorry to hear you haven't received the card yet! I can appreciate wanting some answers for sure. I recommend sending us a PM @CommunityHelps at your convenience so we look into the missing mastercard and escalate as necessary.  

You can find out more about how to PM here.  

@RogersAndy 

Ruthied
I've been here awhile

Is anyone from Rogers able to assist me with obtaining my prepaid mastercard or advise on next steps?

I signed up for new service in mid October, called in twice and was told that it would come shortly but it has still not come.  I have seen a lot of related posts.

Just wondering if someone from Rogers can confirm that this promo is actually valid and provide instruction on what to do next.

My confirmation call - the last time I called into the Ignite line was I158981-9700.

Thanks in advance

alex7771
I've been around
I have never received my 300$ mastercard gift card I was promised when i switched over to rogers 2 months ago, been on hold for 2 days now for atleast 1h at a time, waiting times to call are to long for anyone to get through,

What do i do now?

Hey @alex7771,

A warm welcome to our community and congrats on your first post! 🙂

Apologies for the longer than normal wait times! Please note that there are many different avenues of support that Rogers offers for your convenience. Please see below:

By Phone: 1-888-764-3771
Customer Care: 7am to midnight EST

Technical Support - 24/7

By Text Message: Text to 40019 (from your Rogers wireless device)
Mon-Fri: 9am to 9pm EST

Live Chat Support online: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus
- Select the 'General Inquiries' tile and then select the type of service you wish to chat about to get started!
- Hours of operation may vary depending on which service you are inquiring about.

Facebook Messenger: https://fb.com/msg/rogers
Available 24/7

Twitter DM: https://t.co/yWof4TXpGJ
Available 24/7

Thanks for informing us about your concern with not receiving your MasterCard gift card. Just to confirm, have you been checking your email inbox for the registration email? It's always recommended to check both the main inbox and your junk mail or spam folder as well. If so and no email was received, feel free to shoot us a PM @CommunityHelps for further investigation into this matter.

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,

RogersLaura

Thedude62
I plan to stick around

Hi everyone,

I had recently signed up again with Rogers on November 22nd, I was told by the winback rep that I would receive the email from Mastercard to activate the $200 prepaid card. However, I never received the email, my junk folder was also checked on a weekly basis.

Has anyone else come across this issue as well? I feel sort of scammed.

Ksaleib83
I've been around
I got my ignite installed in November based on that promotion. I never got any emails to even register for it and gave been waiting. Checked my spam mail as well.

Hello, @Thedude62 & @Ksaleib83

@Ksaleib83 - Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

It's disappointing to hear that you both have not received the promotional gift cards that were promised to you upon signing up for services. 😞

We definitely want to look into this for you to see what is causing the delay and try to get this resolved for you both. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

jj88
I've been around

When I signed up I was told I would receive a $250 MasterCard. The promotion was up to $350 but I didn't get the home security so I was told I would receive $250. I just received an email saying my gift card was ready but it is only for $150. This happen to anyone else?

kaipomauli
I'm here a lot
Called Rogers yesterday because after 6 weeks since sign up, unsurprisingly like many in this thread, have not received no emails.
I am now told to wait 10 extra days b4 receiving the email (that will supposedly in turn make me receive the actual gift card max 6 weeks later) after the issue was 'escalated' XD. This is fascinating. I feel like I am doing a treasure hunt for a mythical treasure.
Will keep you guys posted on the unfolding events.

Hang in there! It’s a little more like Monty Python and the Holy Grail than a treasure hunt. 🤣

Winter54
I've been around
I did not receive my master card promotion card for $150 I installed nov 17 2020 it is now Feb 3 2021 ?????

Imma hang in there @CatherineOttawa I believe! 😂

Sapphire27ca
I plan to stick around
For the person who was meant to get the $250 card but got the $150 email, yes this happened to me also. I thought it was a typo in the headline of the message but I subsequently got another email for my $150 card. I’m now waiting for Rogers to fix this with the card company.

Sameer1130
I've been around
I moved to a new address in end of October'20 and my wifi equipment was changed as per new address requirements hence the home internet rates change was also applied. I was offered a 100CAD prepaid gift credit card which was to be sent to me by mail. It has been 3 months, a number of calls, chats and numerous emails but I am not getting any reply from Roger's. It is like an ordeal . I have also emailed hello world fulfillment many time alongwith all reqd details but getting no response. Pls help me on this...

Good evening @Sameer1130

Welcome to the Community!

I can imagining how disappointing this experience must've been for you. I appreciate the steps you've mentioned that you have already taken. 

We'd be happy to review your account and promotion to determine what may have caused the delay. Please send us a PM @CommunityHelps to get started. You can learn more about our private messaging system here

Looking forward to hearing from you!

RogersZia

Signed up for Ignite TV and internet on November 28, 2020 and was promised a $250 prepaid mastercard. Received registration email on December 30, 2020. Received registration is complete email also on December 30, 2020 and was told to expect card in 2 weeks and to check my spam folder. I've been checking all folders and received nothing to date. Today, February 17, 2021, I received the following email:

Hello valued customer,

We hope you are enjoying your Rogers services and have received your Rogers Mastercard prepaid card sent to you by rogers@prepaiddigitalsolutions. Please make sure to check your spam folder if you don’t see it.

Thank you for choosing Rogers.

I have received nothing so far and am extremely frustrated at the number of follow-ups and phone calls I've had to make and now it seems Rogers thinks I've received the card already.

Can someone please look into this?

Greetings @blahblah44,

Thanks for sharing your recent experience with the community and congrats on it being your first post. 🙂

I'm disappointed to hear that you still haven't received your gift card after taking all of the proper steps and waiting so patiently! I wouldn't be too happy myself.

Would you be able to send us a Private Message so we can investigate this further for you? For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you,

RogersLaura

Jhernz
I've been around
Has anyone heard anything yet? It's been about 2 months for me and still no email regarding the $250 promotion MasterCard I was promised on signup. This like so many others have stated feels like such a scam. Since I work in an electronics store I'll be sure to make mention of this with future customers.
Topic Stats