cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does Rogers send me my refund

jclee48431
I've been here awhile

I closed my old account with family plan and opened a new account with Rogers. There is some credit on my old account. A rep said they will send me a cheque. It's been at least a month and I haven't received the cheque. How long does it take typically for a cheque to be sent?

Thanks.

***edited labels***

33 REPLIES 33

Re: How long does Rogers send me my refund

Hello @kidsndog,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. 5 months is far too long to be waiting for a credit, and I totally understand your frustration.  We would be happy to look into this for you. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps

For more information on our Private Message system, please see this page.

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

JQ3
I've been here awhile
Business days or Calendar days? My last invoice is from Dec 14, 2017. If it is Calendar the refund should have been done on January 10, if it's business, on January 25. We are on Feb 7 and I have not received anything.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Any company doing stuff like this, ALWAYS assume business days.
(phone, internet, cell, gas, eletric, taxes, etc)

That will also be the possible days to process? Might take a number of day to mail out.  
But that should still be there by now.

May have to call in and see what state its in?

I have 2 accounts & payment posted on another account. Is that possible to transfer this credit to my account ?

No one on here, even the mods would be able to deal with billing stuff like that.

You would need to call in and talk to someone in the billing dept and they can probably answer for you.

Good evening @dipesh1,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post!

I understand that making payments to separate accounts can be confusing and we hope you were able to get this recitified since you originally posted.

If it has not yet been, you can find how to reach one of our representatives, for immediate resolution, by visiting www.rogers.com/contactus.

We could definitely assist you further by reassigning the misapplied payment if you would like. To initiate the transaction, please get in touch with us in private so we can discuss your account. 

Kindly, send us via Private Message @CommunityHelps when you're online and available to go through the authentication process. You can find instructions on our private messaging system, here.

RogersMaude

dignardangel
I've been around

Hi there , I made a payment through my bank account and cancel it the next day as I make a mistake in the amount , but it's been already over 4 week that I cancel it and on my Rogers online it say my account was not charge that the payment didn't go through but the money never went back in my bank account since , so what's going on , I can't afford loosing that money

Good evening @dignardangel,

Welcome and thank you for posting to the Rogers Community!

I know what it's like to wait for a refund.

Have you done this process through Rogers or directly through your bank?

If you asked the bank to withdraw the payment made, you may want to verify with them directly.

If you need further assistance, we may have to take a look at your account.

Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our private message system, click here for more info!

We certainly want to assist you in reaching a resolution.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

It’s been 10 weeks and still waiting for my refund cheque from my cancelled account

Hey @Jennkingma!

Welcome to the community! I've been there, and I know it's a long time to wait. I would definitely recommend reviewing @RogersMaude's post above as it details some great points on this particular issue. If you have any additional questions feel free to let us know.

@RogersAndy

claudiu
I'm here a lot

I've changed my account from digital cable tv bundled with internet to ignite tv and internet.

Now I ended up with two accounts: the new one and the old one that was automatically cancelled.

The only issue is that old account carries a credit balance that wasn't refunded or applied to new account as I was told it will happen.

I would appreciate if someone could tell me what is the rule here: refund to be applied to new account (why didn't happen?) or refund cheque sent to address, and how long it takes for each? 

Thank you.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
I been telling people that when you move to an ignite tv or ignite internet package, you get a new account number.

I never been in your situation claudiu so I cant confirm how long they take to process refund. but i would wait a month and see. your going to eventually get your money back, you just want it back faster, but if their system doesn't allow speedy refunds, then just wait it out thats my advice

@claudiu wrote:

I would appreciate if someone could tell me what is the rule here: refund to be applied to new account (why didn't happen?) or refund cheque sent to address, and how long it takes for each? 

Thank you.

Good day, @claudiu!

I hope you are doing well and staying safe. 🙂

When it comes to refunds on cancelled accounts, we must wait for the final invoice to be issued before a refund can be processed and sent out. It can take up to 6 weeks for the final invoice to be issued (from the date of cancellation) and then another 3-4 weeks to receive the cheque in the mail. 

If you would like to have your credit balance transferred over to your new account, this would likely require us to submit a ticket. 

Feel free to send us a Private Message if you'd like us to verify the status of your refund. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Topic Stats