cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does Rogers send me my refund

jclee48431
I've been here awhile

I closed my old account with family plan and opened a new account with Rogers. There is some credit on my old account. A rep said they will send me a cheque. It's been at least a month and I haven't received the cheque. How long does it take typically for a cheque to be sent?

Thanks.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How long does Rogers send me my refund

Hi @jclee48431 , welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I can shed some light on your inquiry.

If your account was cancelled and a credit balance remains on your account after final billing:

You will be refunded by cheque approximately within 6 weeks from the date you cancelled.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

With just about ANY service i have dealth with in the past...
Hydro, gas, bell, etc..

Payment! you need to do in the 30 days, etc.

Refunds though?  Usually 4-8 weeks... 😞

I had a BIG issue with bell on that, where i submitted a bill payment to the wrong account.. like $200ish. 
I asked if they could move from one account to the other..  NOPE.. they have to refund then pay the other.
But they expected me to pay the $200 to the other right away.. and WAIT for the 200 refund back for like 4-8 weeks 😞

I would GUESS rogers may be much the same 😞

Hi @jclee48431 , welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I can shed some light on your inquiry.

If your account was cancelled and a credit balance remains on your account after final billing:

You will be refunded by cheque approximately within 6 weeks from the date you cancelled.

Hope this helps!

jkroesen
I'm a trusted contributor

If the Prev acct was in your name then you can call credit operations and have them transfer the BALANCE to your new ACCT.

If the account was in another clients name and you did a  transfer of ownership... then you can have them (the prev account holer) call and request the credit to your new acct...

This will avoid waiting time 🙂 Well waiting as long anyways I believe acct bal transfer is 3-7 days

Thank you. It's been 3 month and I haven't received the cheque. I will call Rogers to find out.

Good evening @jclee48431

I can confirm that this is definitely taking longer than it should.

Since your last post, have you contacted our customer service department to clarify the issue with the refund being sent out by cheque ?

Let us know if the situation is resolved or not Smiley Wink

It would be my pleasure to have our @CommunityHelps  team reach out to you via Private Message for further assistance.

Regards,

RogersMaude

Lena-
I've been around

I recently cancelled my Rogers Wireless services and now have a credit on my account (because I cancelled mid-month). Will this credit be refunded to be by cheque? I won't have another bill so the credit can't be applied to my next bill like it normally would.

Thanks.

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @Lena-

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

You can find the solution listed above. Let us know if you have any other questions.

RogersAsif

I have cancelled my Rogers account and my final December 2015 billing shows a credit of $xx.xx.  When can I expect my refund.

Please email to my above email as I no longer have access to my Rogers email account, very disappointing as I have lost 15 years of emails/photos, etc.

Regards

Pam Lawrence

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you cancel your rogers accout.. it cancels the email account associated it.

(now my understanding, is that when you try to log into it after its canceled, its suposed to prompt you to convert it to a YAHOO one.... never done it myself though)

Not sure if they can email you from here, but if one of the reps or @CommunityHelps is able to help, they may be able to PM you on here.

Refunds i THINK are somewhere like 3-6 weeks.
(and yes.. its aful.. but its not just rogers.. i have had refunds from the elec company, bell, etc.. they are all the same)

Hello @pmoney

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums.

If your account was cancelled and a credit balance remains on your account after final billing. You will be refunded by cheque approximately 20-27 days after your final billing.

Hope this helps.

RogersSannecia

Can Rogers directly refund the money to my bank account?

Hi, I closed Rogers account last month and noticed that I have a credit balance on my account. I heard Rogers would refund their customers by cheque, but for various reasons, I prefer Rogers to refund the money to my bank account. Is this possible?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @Yvettel

Unfortunately from what i have known it's only possible for then sending any credits left on the account via a cheque. Never have i heard or know that they are able to do it via bank.

@CommunityHelps maybe they can do something but let's see.

Hello, @Yvettel

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your query. @Meowmix stated correctly If there is a credit balance remains on your account after final billing it will be refunded by cheque in approximately 20-27 days after your final billing.

Thanks,

RogersMoin

fmdream
I've been around

My Account was cancelled on 2nd Mar 2016 but as my cycle closes on 21st Mar I have credit of $65.26 for those 3 weeks due to advance payment. I have still not recv. any cheque even though it is already 6 weeks. If this issue is not resolved soon. I am going to take it to next level including filling official complainant.

Maybe one of the Mods at @CommunityHelps can take a peek and see the status of it for you.

Normally it seemed to be 6-8 weeks last I heard.

This is a BIG pain with, well, seemingly every company... from Rogers to bell... to your electric company.
Pay them even one day late? Penalties.
Money back?  Takes MONTHS.
I had that back in the day with bell.. switched account #s.. and paid to the WRONG account number.  Somehow they still accepted payment to it (it was canceled for like 1-2 months).
Contacted them.. and they confirmed it.  Asked them to MOVE the payment from one to the other.  They couldnt.
Ok.... can you refund me and I will use that to pay the correct account?
Sure.   But the refund will take 6+ weeks to get back to you.  Oh, and your existing account is STILL due RIGHT NOW. 😞

Hi there,

I canceled my Rogers account approximately ~4 months ago and a cheque (credit balance) was supposed to be sent to me at least 2 months ago.

When can I expect my cheque... I have been waiting for quite a while now. 

Thank you.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @mellowbear

Have you called into Rogers to see what's going on? Try speaking to @CommunityHelps and see

User_12345
I've been around

Rogers opened 2 accounts for me in error and when I cancelled my wifi and cable they refused to let me cancel for months and when i called and called insisted I was not being charged - they now owe $396 dollars and promised to credit my exisiting account and close the old one - they still have not done either and call me twice a day to harrass me for money - correction, a machine calls me and when I call back they transfer me to customer service and put me on hold for 2 hours.  TWICE A DAY

Good evening @User_12345,

Welcome to the Forums! 

We understand the inconveniences of this situation and would like to help.

In order for us to look into this matter further, we will need access to your account.

Please send us a PM when you are available.

To contact us, send a private message to @CommunityHelps

For more information on our Private Message system, take a look at this page.

RogersMaude

Waiting for a credit refund since March 2017 - Incredible!

It's been almost five months since I requested a refund from Rogers for $56.50. I had closed my account a few years ago, but called Rogers in March as I had an iPhone that I had thought was locked to Rogers and I needed it unlocked for my son to use with another service. The customer service rep charged my credit card  $56.50 to unlock my phone, but discovered within two minutes that he was unable to unlock it. Turns out the phone was locked to Bell Canada, NOT to Rogers. He told me that the money would be refunded to my credit card as no service was performed. It now going on five months and Rogers will not refund my money. I call Rogers customer service line every three weeks and here are some of the excuses I have received for as why my credit card has not been refunded:

• They had the wrong address to mail my cheque to;
  • There was an error in the way the request was put through
  • The credit is for an open account, but my account is closed so that complicated things
  • The service rep is not certain why it has not been refunded but he/she has fixed it and the refund will appear in five business days.

I have wasted two hours of my life that I will not get back, sitting on the phone with these various reps and sure enough, three weeks will pass by and still a credit sits on my closed account. When I ask to speak to the manager on duty, I am put on hold for a good 25 minutes more and then told that the manager is not available. Here is the case number that I was issued during my latest jerk around "Case Number 124759370". 

It really should not be this difficult to make the refund: it took Rogers less than 15 seconds to charge my card, it should not take five months to return the money.

Topic Stats