cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double-billed for Internet & TV after Plan Change

Stl1
I've been here awhile

I Wanted to change my service from ignite flex 10 (which was deprecated and was told you are increasing my charges anyhow) to popular. I would expect the billing to be a seamless transition but you double billed me for internet and TV. I tried to contact service over the phone to do this so I could be informed.... but NOONE IS PICKING UP THE PHONE. You say you are experiencing higher than normal call volumes, but you always post that message. I want to talk to someone asap please.

**Labels Added**

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Double-billed for Internet & TV after Plan Change

RogersRob

Hello @Stl1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! We hope you and your loved ones are doing well and keeping safe. 

Since we bill in advance, there may be partial charges on your first bill for the time period between the start date of services and bill date. As a result,  you’ll see charges for two different date ranges: one from the date on which the changes took place until the end of the current billing cycle date, and another for your next billing cycle.  Check out this article for more info.

Do you see any credits for the previous package on your most recent invoice? 

Were you able to reach one of our representatives to shed some light on this, since you last posted?

Awaiting your reply!

RogersRob

My account was charged 3 separate times for the same billing cycle. How do I get my money back for the extra 2 Billings?

Hello @Kulturific,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your first post! Hopefully, you've been keeping safe and well. 🙂

It is really concerning to hear that you've been charged three times for the same balance...that definitely doesn't sound right. Just to clarify, were you charged on your credit card or were the funds withdrawn from your bank account? Did you double check with your financial institution to confirm that all three charges were successfully withdrawn from your account? Sometimes, a customer may confuse a charge "attempt" with an actual charge, but really, they didn't all go through.

If you'd like, we can also take a closer look at our end to help figure out what happened and go from there. Feel free to send us a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you kindly!
RogersLaura

faifley
I've been here awhile

I'm experiencing the same problem. After 3 hours on the phone I was told to pay the overcharged bill and I would be credited back on my next bill. I said no, take it off now. The agent got a manager who said it would be taken off my bill in 24 to 72 hours but instead the overcharge was added on again I payed the correct amount only and canceled pre authorized billing to avoid the over chage going on my credit card. Discounts for pre authorized billing were removed imediatley but I'm still waiting for my bill to be sorted.

Good day @faifley !

We appreciate you visiting us in the Rogers Community and sharing your billing concerns. Receiving unexpected charges is definitely not ideal and I don't blame you for being disappointed. 😕

We do our best to ensure that each bill is correct and concise, but sometimes errors may occur. Once realized, we are always happy to make any necessary corrections. Unfortunately, once we process a manual adjustment to a customers billing, we do not have a way for it to apply to your previous bill since it has usually already been issued and so any adjustments made after the fact, will appear on the next invoice that is provisioned. This is the reason why we ask our customers to wait until the following bill to see the corrections. 

By paying your current bill as is, it also helps avoid any possible late payment fees from being applied to your account inadvertently, as our system doesn't recognize that there is a billing adjustment that has been made--it only goes by the latest balance posted to the account. 

We definitely appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback as we are always looking for ways in which to improve the customer experience. 🙂 If after receiving your next invoice you are still showing any billing errors, please do reach back out to our customer support teams so we can investigate further.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation