cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ Promo

Elochai
I plan to stick around

Why can’t I sign up for Disney+?

I have the Popular bundle with 45 Channels and 44 Flex Channels, 500u for internet, and home phone.

So my question is, why isn’t Rogers offering the 12 month Disney+ deal for my package ?

I noticed that it’s offered to lower packages that don’t cost anywhere near the ridiculous price I’m paying but I don’t want to downgrade. And the only upgrade option is one that will cost 2 - 3 times what a Disney+ subscription would cost regardless.

52 REPLIES 52

Re: Disney+ Promo

mordinxx
I plan to stick around

If it's a promo to attract new customers and, as said earlier in this thread, only eligible people will get an email about it.  Why did I just get an email offering 6 months free if I sign up through Rogers but when I click through he link it says I don't qualify!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mordinxx wrote:

If it's a promo to attract new customers and, as said earlier in this thread, only eligible people will get an email about it.  Why did I just get an email offering 6 months free if I sign up through Rogers but when I click through he link it says I don't qualify!

You will have to reach out to Rogers to see how you can take advantage of this.  Try sending a private message to the @CommunityHelps team.

In MyRogers, I got one of those "A personalized offer is waiting for you!" buttons, and it offered me 6 months of Disney+ with the package that the system was trying to sell me.  To qualify, I would have to switch to that new in-market bundle.

snocow
I plan to stick around

I am having a similar issue....in late Sept 2022 My Rogers also gave me a personalized offer including 6 Mos DIsney +...I had just finished 1 year of free Disney+ from Sept 2021 offer. I did the Sept 2022 renewal but did have to engage Retentions to assist and was still advised that I would receive an email to activate 6 mos Disney + 

I have spent over 3 hours thus far with no luck...also refusing to credit the $81.30 (6 mos)  cost to my account.

Claims I don't qualify...why did you offer it?

Good Luck!!!

Snocow

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@snocow wrote:

I am having a similar issue....in late Sept 2022 My Rogers also gave me a personalized offer including 6 Mos DIsney +...I had just finished 1 year of free Disney+ from Sept 2021 offer. I did the Sept 2022 renewal but did have to engage Retentions to assist and was still advised that I would receive an email to activate 6 mos Disney + 

I can confirm that I also saw an offer on MyRogers to upgrade my Ignite bundle, that also included 6 months of Disney+.

My bundle change was made before my Disney+ subscription expired, and I did not lose my last free month of Disney+.  I only received notifications that my free Disney+ offer was about to expire; nothing about an extension, so I cancelled my subscription.

Now, under "Your subscriptions / Disney+" in MyRogers, it shows "No promotion available" and that my Disney+ offer expired.  I don't know whether I will get an invitation to re-subscribe to Disney+.

It's possible that Rogers does not have the "business logic" set up correctly in their billing systems and that is why some promotions are not showing up as available for eligible customers... OR, they erroneously offered customers promotions that they were not really eligible for.  Either way, not good.  The business logic may also require that your previous subscription get fully cleared before it can be offered again.

Hopefully, somebody at Rogers will get this figured out and you will be able to get the promotions that you are entitled to.  You can also try sending a private message to @CommunityHelps  to see if they can offer any assistance.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When I switched to IgniteTV in late March, I also had a Disney+ promo, but when I went to activate it, it didn't work on my account. I PM'd @CommunityHelps and they straightened things out on my account and I got the free service.

BeeTeeOh
I've been around

I was offered a 'Perosnalized Offer ' when I went on the rogers site to change my internet plan. The offer said that I would receive 6 months of Disney+. But when I try to receive this offer, I am told it is no longer valid because I received Disney + in the past.

However, Rogers knows full well that I have received Disney+ in the past, but STILL made me a 'personal offer' to stay at the same price point and get some broadcast TV channels (which nobody really watches anyhow) AND Disney + for my kid.

I'm not sure how Rogers goes through the mental gymnastics required to NOT see this as deliberate and malicious deception. But there you go. Be aware of this scam.

snocow
I plan to stick around

Hi All;

If just came off the 1-year free Disney+ and recently got offered 6-mos Disney+ as part of your "Personalized Offer" I reached out to @communiutyHelps as suggested and got same answer - NOT ELIGIBLE. 

I have done Rogers Customer Service - escalate to Manager - had Back Office Ticket created - Submitted to "Share a Concern" - contacted @CommunityHelps without success

bryan10
I've been around

I'm having trouble accessing the Disney Channel, for the free tryout.

Good day @bryan10,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for posting! Once you switch to an eligible plan or package, we’ll send you an email or text message with instructions about how to sign up for Disney+ through Rogers. 

You can do this through either your browser or the MyRogers app. Click here, for the details on how to activate the promotion. Please note that if you’re switching to an eligible Ignite TV or Ignite Streaming bundle, you need to wait until your installation is complete before using MyRogers to set things up with Disney+.

If you still encounter issues, please tell us more about the problem you encounter (for example, are you getting an error message?) or you tried any troubleshooting. Thank you!

RogersMaude

Kcsdkavanagh
I plan to stick around

Disney+ promo was cancelled in error on Dec 27 before it was activated. Says CANCELLED, end date June 2023. I followed the instructions from Rogers when I saw the offer on my account in Dec. The instruction on the TV leads to a billing page at Disney+ url. I did not enter billing information as the offer is supposed to be free 6 months through Rogers. I accidently selected cancel so that I would not pay after June 2023, but it actual ends the subscription offer and changes activate to cancelled. Contacted Rogers several times over the past month, no resolve. Usually transferred to the incorrect team and escalated.

Hello there @Kcsdkavanagh ,

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding the accidental cancellation of your Disney+ and subscription. It certainly makes sense that you'd want to continue enjoying the service for the full duration of your promo. 🙂

If possible, please send us a PM @CommunityHelps so we can dig into this further to see how we can help!  For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

Thank you!

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats