cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ Promo

Elochai
I plan to stick around

Why can’t I sign up for Disney+?

I have the Popular bundle with 45 Channels and 44 Flex Channels, 500u for internet, and home phone.

So my question is, why isn’t Rogers offering the 12 month Disney+ deal for my package ?

I noticed that it’s offered to lower packages that don’t cost anywhere near the ridiculous price I’m paying but I don’t want to downgrade. And the only upgrade option is one that will cost 2 - 3 times what a Disney+ subscription would cost regardless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Disney+ Promo

Good day @Elochai & @ReneHache,

Thanks for posting your questions/concerns about the new Disney+ offer here in our community! 🙂

With regards to this promotional offer, some stipulations do apply. Please see below for more info:

- Customers must have an eligible, in-market Ignite Internet 500u bundle or above with either Ignite TV or Ignite SmartStream (for Disney+ 12 months free promo) or Rogers Infinite plan of 25GB and up (for Disney+ 6 months free promo) to qualify. 

- Customers who are eligible for this offer will receive an email or text message advising them of such along with details on how to apply for the offer. **If you have not received an email or text message for this offer, this means you are ineligible to receive it and would need to change to an eligible bundle in order to qualify.

- Only one subscription through Rogers may be applied to each Disney+ account, which allows for up to 7 individual profiles that can be shared between family members across multiple devices.

- You must apply for the offer within 90 days of receiving the email to qualify and you must remain on an eligible bundle for the full duration of the promo.

- You may cancel your Disney+ subscription at any time via your MyRogers online profile.

What if I already have an existing Disney+ subscription?

You're still eligible for this promotion as long as you have an eligible Rogers service/bundle. When it’s time for you to link Disney+ to your Rogers account, just use the email address currently associated with your Disney+ account. Even better, all the TV shows and movies you’ve saved on your watchlist will automatically carry over.

If your existing Disney+ subscription is directly with Disney, it will be paused once you subscribe to Disney+ through Rogers. If you cancel your Rogers Disney+ subscription, your paused subscription will resume and you will be billed by Disney+ directly.

However, if you have an existing Disney+ subscription through a third party and you sign up for a Disney+ subscription through Rogers, you will be billed for each separate subscription. You will need to manage that third party subscription to avoid duplicate subscriptions and monthly fees.

I hope that you find this info helpful! Have a wonderful day! 🙂

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

When I login to my account online and click on "learn more" under the Disney+ logo, it redirect to Rogers main page.

Also if I already have a Disney+ account, is there a way to add the free 12 month to my current account? I see nothing about it on my account setting on Disney+.

Elochai
I plan to stick around
Well been a day, still no reply from Rogers on this. So guess when I get off work at 8AM in the morning I’ll have to contact support to see why Rogers would rather I downgrade my package to get Disney+ promo as clearly Rogers staff on the forum are not up to date on anything with the promo.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Elochai wrote:
Well been a day, still no reply from Rogers on this. So guess when I get off work at 8AM in the morning I’ll have to contact support to see why Rogers would rather I downgrade my package to get Disney+ promo as clearly Rogers staff on the forum are not up to date on anything with the promo.

You won't get an immediate response from Rogers or an immediate fix just by posting here.  You will need to send a Private Message to the @CommunityHelps  team and report the issue to Rogers directly.  If you are eligible for the promotion but the web site was not coded correctly, they will need to create a support ticket and escalate it internally.

Elochai
I plan to stick around
I decided to contact Rogers chat support for general inquiries about an hour and a half before I had to go to work.

One of the worst mistakes I’ve made. Either Rogers train chat support to purposely waste customers time and give them the run around while asking stupid unrelated questions or I had gotten the one that didn’t want to do any work today.

I’d love to post the transcript but it would break the rules, so I won’t. I would of been better of getting someone who said, sorry can’t help you because it would take effort to talk to people and try to figure it out and I don’t feel like doing any of that today.

1st time I ever filled out the complaint form on the site.

Good day @Elochai & @ReneHache,

Thanks for posting your questions/concerns about the new Disney+ offer here in our community! 🙂

With regards to this promotional offer, some stipulations do apply. Please see below for more info:

- Customers must have an eligible, in-market Ignite Internet 500u bundle or above with either Ignite TV or Ignite SmartStream (for Disney+ 12 months free promo) or Rogers Infinite plan of 25GB and up (for Disney+ 6 months free promo) to qualify. 

- Customers who are eligible for this offer will receive an email or text message advising them of such along with details on how to apply for the offer. **If you have not received an email or text message for this offer, this means you are ineligible to receive it and would need to change to an eligible bundle in order to qualify.

- Only one subscription through Rogers may be applied to each Disney+ account, which allows for up to 7 individual profiles that can be shared between family members across multiple devices.

- You must apply for the offer within 90 days of receiving the email to qualify and you must remain on an eligible bundle for the full duration of the promo.

- You may cancel your Disney+ subscription at any time via your MyRogers online profile.

What if I already have an existing Disney+ subscription?

You're still eligible for this promotion as long as you have an eligible Rogers service/bundle. When it’s time for you to link Disney+ to your Rogers account, just use the email address currently associated with your Disney+ account. Even better, all the TV shows and movies you’ve saved on your watchlist will automatically carry over.

If your existing Disney+ subscription is directly with Disney, it will be paused once you subscribe to Disney+ through Rogers. If you cancel your Rogers Disney+ subscription, your paused subscription will resume and you will be billed by Disney+ directly.

However, if you have an existing Disney+ subscription through a third party and you sign up for a Disney+ subscription through Rogers, you will be billed for each separate subscription. You will need to manage that third party subscription to avoid duplicate subscriptions and monthly fees.

I hope that you find this info helpful! Have a wonderful day! 🙂

RogersLaura

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ReneHache wrote:

Also if I already have a Disney+ account, is there a way to add the free 12 month to my current account? I see nothing about it on my account setting on Disney+.

According to Rogers' Disney+ FAQ, you can:

Can I still take advantage of this offer if I have an existing Disney+ subscription?

Don’t worry! You're still eligible for this promotion as long as you have an eligible Rogers service. When it’s time for you to link Disney+ to your Rogers account, just use the email address currently associated with your Disney+ account. Even better, all the TV shows and movies you’ve saved on your watchlist will automatically carry over.

@RogersYasmine  I think the question really being asked here is, if Ignite SmartStream (with Ignite Internet 500u) qualifies for this offer then why do Ignite TV Popular customers (with Ignite Internet 500u) apparently NOT qualify?

Hey @-G-,

Just to further clarify, any Ignite TV package qualifies you for the offer as long as you have it bundled with 500u or above on an eligible, in-market bundle.

So when referencing the Ignite TV "tier" a customer has, this does not determine their eligibility for this offer, it is the bundle itself. If you have Starter, Flex 5/10 (or above) + 500u (or above) on an eligible, in-market bundle, then you should qualify. 

I hope this helps!

RogersLaura

@RogersYasmine  Thanks!  I know that I do not qualify; I only have Ignite TV Premier / Internet 150u.  However, would I qualify if I upgraded to 500u Internet and then tried to sign up?

Also, what should "Ignite TV / Internet 500u" customers do if they should qualify but the Rogers web site does not allow them to sign up for the promotion?

Elochai
I plan to stick around
@RogersYasmine so I’ll say it again, basically my very expensive plan that has 500u and TV with all the bells and whistles is excluded because Rogers wants me to downgrade to a plan that’s only $104.

This is where I blink a few times and try to figure out what is wrong with Rogers.

I guess if they really want me to drowngrafe to a lower plan like flex 5, I guess I could as I don’t need all them channels with the IPTV options around that I could get elsewhere.

Elochai
I plan to stick around

Man Rogers is funny. Well I got the Disney+ Promotion now.

I downgraded to Flex 5, got rid of the phone I didn't use anyway. Still got the main channels I needed and am now paying less then $70 tax in every month for the 1st year, then it will go to $109.

Boggles my mind that Rogers rather lose money and tick off a customer then to keep a customer happy and paying through their nose.

I was literally paying $160 a month about with taxes for 500u and a 44 Channel line up for TV on Ignite. You'd think a company would of just said, hey here Disney+ and place keep your current subscription.

Well now I got a 32 Channel line up and the same 500u Ignite plan, plus a year of Disney+ and only got to dish out about $70 instead of $160 lol. Funny stuff.

Hey @-G-,

Good question! Because we 'bundle' our Ignite TV + Internet services, if you were to upgrade to Premier + 500u, this would be considered a whole new bundle from the one you are on (and not just a simple upgrade from 150u to 500u).

With this being said, your pricing construct could also be affected depending on the cost of the current bundles. If you are currently on a promotion and getting special discounted pricing on your current services, this would no longer apply. With this being said, it is important to compare how the change would effect your overall pricing to see if you feel it is worth the switch!

In answer to your second question, if someone is showing that they are NOT eligible to receive the promo, it is likely because they have an older bundle and will need to move to one of our newer bundle options. Please note, just because you have a bundle that includes, for example, Premier + 500u, doesn't necessarily mean that you are on an in-market bundle as the pricing construct may have since changed and this "package" may have since been revamped or updated.

Hopefully, this makes sense and helps answer your questions. 🙂

RogersLaura

Thanks, @RogersYasmine .  That's very helpful!  That also highlights that making a simple change (e.g. upgrading Internet speed, even if it is just to upgrade and not to qualify for a new promotion) is not as simple as one might think, especially for those with older Ignite bundles.

I have an Ignite Flex 20 + Sports and gigabit internet but it say's I am ineligible when I check on My rogers through the Disney+ link. Is there a technical issue with the promotion? I don't understand how I would be ineligible.

Elochai
I plan to stick around
Same way I was, they don't care if you meet the requirements. They just call your plan a non- "in-market" plan. Which is why I downgraded.

Seems they messed up on that too as now I am missing 5 channels I am suppose to have with my package that were working the day before and are listed on the channel line up list for my address

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

I also notice something, I read that after the promo is over, you'll be paying 11.99$ per month, not sure if that include tax or not, but if you subscribe directly like I do, you pay 10.34$ (tax included). so Rogers is making money out of this.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ReneHache  The Disney+ subscription prices went up a few months ago and $11.99 is the new standard month-to-month rate.

As for this promotion, if you qualify, great.  Not everybody does, and if you do not and really do want this deal, you will need to figure out whether or not it is worth it to you to switch to another bundle that does qualify.

To be honest, I don't really care whether or not I can sign up for this Disney+ promotion.  What upsets me more than anything else is that I apparently cannot do something as simple as upgrade my Internet speed without switching to a completely different Ignite bundle, which are structured and priced very differently now than how they were when I initially signed up.

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

Yes, at first I thought that the 3$ extra because of Star was already added to my account. but I just remembered that I'm with the legacy price for 6 months when Star launch, the 6 months period is ending late this month, so in theory in september I'll be paying the new price.

Very sorry for the confusion.

Unfortunately I don't think my package is eligible to get this promotion, I have Ignite Premier + 150u.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ReneHache  No worries.  However, you are right in that Rogers will still make money out of this.  The third-party companies that process payments (such as Rogers, Comcast, Apple, etc.) get a percentage of the revenues, so Rogers is counting on customers continuing to bill through them after this promotion is over.  They take a revenue hit during the promotion period but this is offset by their own profit margins (which is why only some bundles qualify) and by whatever additional discount that they negotiate with Disney.

Customers have also been able to save on subscription costs by buying discounted Apple iTunes gift cards at Costco (or other retailers) and then subscribing to services through Apple.

Toolman127
I'm here a lot

I am new to Rogers ignite forced to switch as they bought local cable company. Been ignite customer for 3 months and saw Disney+ promo and inquired to see if I qualify. Met requirements posted and went through messaging Rogers who said I did not have gig internet which I did and sent them screen shot showing my package.

Flex 20, 1 gbps internet plus home phone. Told me tech support will contact me, they emailed asking me to call. Spent over 1 hour on phone being put on mute/hold forever while he discussed. Advised package could be upgraded at no cost to me then said bye and sent me to customer care. Asked about in market what it meant and was told firmly Costs have gone up. They changed my whole package to where I had to pay 45.00 more monthly to get Disney+ promo. No one would ever do that for 11.99 promo. Spoke to office of president after filing complaint. No success, they said customer care did there just and should have communicated better. They make mistake and its swept under the rug. Told my package is out dated, only been customer for 3 months. Not impressed with Rogers and have let my community know to be careful switching over to Rogers.

Topic Stats