cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Alerts

HughMcCoy
I plan to stick around

A year ago, on the Rogers app, I set an usage alert level if I got close to my data limit.  Now I can't find it.  Is it still there?  How does one access it?

***Edited Labels***

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Data Usage Alerts

RogersTony

Hello @HughMcCoy

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how useful it can be to set up data alerts to ensure you don't go over your data usage and end up in overages.

The way to set up alerts has changed slightly from 1 year ago but the functionality is still available via the app. In the Services tab, tap on Usage, then scroll down to Manage Data Settings, tap on the user you'd like to create an alert for, on the next screen you would have to slide with the grey bell icon to the alert limit you'd like to create for that user.

Have you thought about switching to a Rogers Infinite Plan? With our infinite plans, you no longer have to worry about data overages because there are none.

Let the community know if you need any help getting one set up.

RogersTony

HughMcCoy
I plan to stick around

Just tried.  Under Usage there is nothing that says "Manage Data Settings"?  Please advise.

I imagine the Infinite plans are more expensive than my current, don't need unlimited, don't use much data.

Hugh

Good day @HughMcCoy,

Thanks you for your reply! To better assist you, I'll need more information from you.

Are you trying to access and set alerts as the Data Manager? If you're just an additional line on the account you may not have full access to Data Alerts. 

Is this for a line that has just been activated or did you recently switched it over under your name? When there is a change in account information, you may need to wait until it is fully created to access the usage and gain back functions.

If anything recently changed on your account, I'd recommend you to simply set alerts again by accessing to your MyRogers app. In the Services tab, scroll down to Manage Data Settings, and then select the user you'd like to create an alert for. On the next screen you would toggle the first radio button "ON" in order to set Data Alerts for that user.

If you need further assistance, please let us know what step you reach before bumping into a problem. Don't hesitate to share screenshots!

RogersMaude

HughMcCoy
I plan to stick around

This is my personal cell phone, I am the only one who has ever used it.  Was activated over a year ago.

As mentioned in the Rogers App in Services there are three options Usage, Phone and Plan.  Under Usage it does say in large font Remaining Data (and a bar) also days remaining in billing cycle and plan details but there is no "Manage Data Settings".

Regards,

Hugh

@HughMcCoy, thank you for the update. If you do not see Manage Data Settings past the billing cycle and plan info, can you please share a screenshot of what you see? Is it just a blank screen? Make sure you edit the personal info before you post the screenshot. Are you able to view the Data Manager Settings via the browser?

Please keep us posted!

RogersZia

HughMcCoy
I plan to stick around

Here are two screen shots, the whole scroll.

HughMcCoy
I plan to stick around

How does one insert a screen shot in a reply.

Hugh

Take a screen shot and paste it into something like MS Paint.  Save it as a PNG file, maybe even a jpg.  Once its saved, you can then insert the file using the insert photo icon (camera icron).

HughMcCoy
I plan to stick around

Where is the insert photo (camera) icon?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@HughMcCoy : If you are signed in, the camera icon should be right above the post when you do a reply. You need to be signed in.

HughMcCoy
I plan to stick around

Thank you 57.  Here are the screen shots of my Rogers App.  Nothing allows for setting a data usage alert. 2nd pic is the lower scroll.Capture+_2020-09-16-18-53-40.pngCapture+_2020-09-16-18-55-33.png

Good day @HughMcCoy,

Thanks for you reply! Are you able to manage and monitor your data usage and alerts from a web page?

We'd love to access your account details to  find more information about what is taking place and open a ticket for our back office team if the need may be. To do so, please send us a private message @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Looking forward to your PM!

RogersMaude

gustav
I plan to stick around

When I switched plans, my alerts disappeared and now I don't see a way to re-ender them. My screens look like the screenshots above. It sure seems like only some plans have data alerts.

Hello, @gustav.

Thanks for being our Community member; I appreciate your joining this thread.

Typically, when you switch plans in the mid of the billing cycle, you will see the new plan's data usage at the start of the new billing cycle. What plan did you switch to? The real-time data alerts are only available with the Shared Infinite plans. 

Make sure you have chosen the account's Data Manager. If you have an eligible plan and still can't set the data alerts at the start of the new billing cycle, kindly drop us a line in our private messaging box, @CommunityHelps. We detailed more info about our private messaging in this blog

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 in conversation