cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for Local Calling

sergiysakhno
I've been around

Please, guys be careful, check all bills from Rogers I received a bill that was only two dollars more than usual and everyone would have missed it 2 dollars is nothing. But for some reason I checked where this Extra payment came from and saw that it was a payment for a long distance call. I know that I didn’t call anywhere except Canada, maybe to New York. But I have unlimited call to Canada and US. And it turned out that it was a local call to a neighboring city to my friend, for which they charged money as a call to another country. I spent over an hour figuring this out. Yes, they promised to take two dollars off the next Bill.

And this is just the latest "misunderstanding" that happened today, how many of them were there before?
I usually never write positive or negative reviews about anything, but this time I just can’t remain silent, it was the last straw that overflowed my patience. I have never seen so many outright lies and disdain for a client who is already on your hook in any company. I propose to create a company and call it "Deceived by Rogers"
Yes, it's a joke, but every joke has some humor in it.

***Added Labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Charged for Local Calling

RogersMaude

Hello @sergiysakhno,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for sharing your detailed account of events.

We appreciate your diligence when it comes to checking the details of your bills. If a charge was created for usage you should have been covered for, notifying us is the right thing to do. 

It does not only allow us to make things right by issuing an adjustment for the amount that shouldn't have been billed but it also gives us the opportunity to rectify the problem to prevent a similar situation from happening in the future.

We appreciate your business, value your loyalty and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need help with anything else. 

Thanks!

RogersMaude

Re: Charged for Local Calling

LordDrakkon
I'm an advisor
Does your plan include roaming in the US? If it does, there shouldn't be a charge for that call. If your plan doesn't include roaming in the US and you make a call in the US, even if it is to a US or Canadian number. You will be billed for that call. Not all plans that have US calling included also include roaming. Plans that don't include US roaming but do include US calling. Those calls must originate from the Rogers network.
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation