cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing services

Jannie1
I've been here awhile

I pay for my inlaws telephone and internet. They have now moved into a retirement home and I would like to transfer the account to them and add cable tv. How do I go about doing this? I do not have 3 hours to sit on hold to speak with someone and Anna is no help whatsoever. Becoming more and more upset with Rogers as they do nothing for long term account holders.

***Added Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Changing services

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The first thing you need to do is contact the Retirement Home manager and ask them how things work there. Most retirement homes have a service provider in place for phone and TV for the residents.  I'm not sure how it works for internet, but again, this should be discussed with the manager.  You may not have any choices regarding the matter.  There is also a separate department within Rogers that deals with MDUs, retirement homes, etc.  The manager should have that contact information.

Jannie1
I've been here awhile

Only Rogers is available at the home. I have to get ahold of Rogers myself and sort everything out. I just can't seem to get ahold of Rogers. I don't have 3 hours to sit on hold and wait for them and there is no option for a call back. Anna is no help and all agents are busy in the chat. Just venting my frustrations with this company. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Although Rogers is available at the home, the contract may still be with the home and I strongly suggest you contact the retirement home manager first to find out what's in place and available. Again, there are separate people at Rogers that take care of this and you need to get those names/contact information from the Retirement Home manager.  It may be futile and time-consuming to try to go through normal channels at Rogers.

Another option may be to talk to the caregiver relatives of the other retirement home residents.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation